CS3 media encoder & neoscene problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2010, 05:12 AM   #1
Major Player

CS3 media encoder & neoscene problems

Hi guys.

Been using neoscene for the past few weeks with my 7d, but I've encountered a few problems.

Im editing with CS3, when I try to export a timeline using adobe media encoder, depending on the settings i use, cs3 will crash.

For example, if i try to export to flv using settings that I've used for 2 years, CS3 will crash, and and MSDOS window will open saying the following:

"OMP abort: Initializing libguide.lib, but found libguide40.dll already initializ
ed.
This can cause performance degradation.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE if you want your program to c
ontinue in this case"

It also crashes when I try to export using the recommended settings for vimeo.

When I uninstall neoscene, I can export to flv / vimeo settings no bother.

Anyone got any ideas?

Both cs3 and neoscene are up to date.

Cheers

James
James Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There was a fight between Intel and Adobe, and CineForm lost. In CS3 we use a Intel threading library as Intel advised, Adobe does to, but it turn out there is a bug in the Intel setup such that the library can't be used as a plugin to another tool using the same library. So you have to do that ridiculous "KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE" environment variable hack -- look up add an environment variable for your OS. It didn't happen in CS4, and by CS5 when had to stop using the Intel threading libraries with Adobe plugins.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase