How to extract L & R eyes from a single Cineform file? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 18th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #1
Tourist

How to extract L & R eyes from a single Cineform file?

I recently shot 3D footage to a Cinedeck - two streams recording to a single Cineform file. How can I extract this single file with information for both eyes into separate L and R eye files?

I've opened the footage in First Light and ReMaster, but those programs only seem to create the types of files I'm trying to crack into two.
Dan Coplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Major Player

I would set your output to Left, and then import your 3D file into any app (PPro, AE, AME, etc.) and export a regular 2D CF file. Then set the Cineform output to Right, and export again. That should give you separate exported files for left and right eye.
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks for your reply. That's what I actually ended up doing through QuickTime Player. And it worked, but it was really tedious going through 20 clips one-by-one, two files for each.

There must be an easier way to batch this stuff?
Dan Coplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

In the PC versions of NeoXX there is a shell tool "StereoDeMux", you could put that in a script, it is lossless and very fast. We will be adding this feature to ReMaster/Mac soon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase