DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Invalid Activation, Trial Running Out-Help, help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/479019-invalid-activation-trial-running-out-help-help.html)

Robert Young May 19th, 2010 08:46 PM

Invalid Activation, Trial Running Out-Help, help

Upgrading from PHD 4.x to Neo4K v. 5.
Uninstall PHD (but not deactivated), N4K Install went fine, N4K working fine with CS5, received serial #, received activation key, but get error message "activation key invalid".
Uninstall, redownload N4K build 256a, install, same problem.
Filed Trouble Ticket #611-8307672 & has been in a few days now, but no helpful activity.
I don't know if I need a new SN, new Activation Key, or what.
I know support is jammed up, and I normally wouldn't sweat this, but my trial period is running out in a couple of days leaving me dead in the water.
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

Giroud Francois May 20th, 2010 03:15 PM

just get same error now with same install.
deinstalled neo5, reinstalled phd4, deactivated phd4, installed neo5, same problem.
reinstalled and reactivated phd4 until problem is solved

Robert Young May 21st, 2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giroud Francois (Post 1529324)
just get same error now with same install.
deinstalled neo5, reinstalled phd4, deactivated phd4, installed neo5, same problem.
reinstalled and reactivated phd4 until problem is solved

Will PHD 4 work with CS5?
I no longer have CS4 on this computer; also am in the middle of a couple of CS5 projects.
It's pretty weird- I've never had this sort of activation problem with any CF product before.

David Newman May 21st, 2010 11:55 AM

No PHD4 has no 64-bit components, other the VFW codec (which will work -- but only in the desktop modes.)

Jay Bloomfield May 21st, 2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Young (Post 1529653)
Will PHD 4 work with CS5?
I no longer have CS4 on this computer; also am in the middle of a couple of CS5 projects.
It's pretty weird- I've never had this sort of activation problem with any CF product before.

I was having a similar problem, "S/N Invalid", but I realized that my browser (Firefox) was set up with such a large amount of website script blocking, that it might have been interfering with some aspect of the activation process. I was also having trouble downloading the Neo 4K V5 program zip files. When I tried doing everything with Internet Explorer, it worked perfectly.

That may not be your problem, but it's worth a shot.

Giroud Francois May 21st, 2010 07:07 PM

found solution. Stupid me has installed Neo HD instead Neo 4k (web site and mail are not very clear about that )
still under CS3.

Robert Young May 23rd, 2010 04:51 PM

I clearly have Neo4K v. 5 installed, also using Explorer browser, but the activation key simply will not unlock the software.
I've had no solutions from support, so they must be stumped as well.
Could I be the only one with this problem???
There has to be a way to fix this.

David Newman May 23rd, 2010 08:00 PM

Support will be back up to steam tomorrow, so it will be sorted out soon.

Robert Young May 31st, 2010 01:07 AM

Surprising solution, but worked like a charm.
Many thanks

John Rich June 1st, 2010 10:54 AM

Bob,
Please share what happened. Thanks.

John

Robert Young June 1st, 2010 05:51 PM

Support had me type in my registered owner name a little differently, same serial #, same activation key, and activation was finally successful.
My guess is that it was some sort of security work-around. I still don't know what the original activation problem was, but it's history now :)