Adobe Encore Error [..\..\Src\Time.cpp-105] after installing NeoHD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM   #1
Major Player

Adobe Encore Error [..\..\Src\Time.cpp-105] after installing NeoHD

I've been using CS3 Production Premium since it was first released.
I've been using NeoScene since it first came out.
I've used NeoScene to convert 5D mk II footage to CF AVI.
I have exported the CF AVI footage from Premier into Encore and created DVDs with no problems.

A few days ago, I upgraded from NeoScene to NeoHD v5.
Nothing else has changed on my system (Windows XP, 32-bit).

My work-flow is as follows:
1) Use HD Link to convert the 5D mk II 30fps (29.97fps) footage to CF AVI
2) Open Premier Pro CS3, import the CF AVIs into a time line
3) Export the movie to Encore (either with, or without menus)
4) Premier Pro renders the timeline
5) Encore opens, imports the footage, and then crashes, saying:

Adobe Encore has encountered an error
[..\..\Src\Time.cpp-105]

6) If I click through the error messages, Encore tells me: An input contract violation has occurred!

7) There are numerous errors in Premier Pro's error log, all of which read:
Port Error: Check that the selected port is available or not in use by another process

Port? Which port??

I have tried starting both Premier and Encore while holding the shift key to reset its plugins, but this does not help.

I saw there were dozens of problems like this back in 2007 with Cineform and Quicktime. Like I said, I never had this problem with NeoScene.

What can be done about this?

Last edited by Julian Frost; May 20th, 2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added info about ports.
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #2
Major Player

I Googled the ports error issue, and found that after installing Neo HD, Premier Pro's "Device Control" setting was reset to "Serial" instead of DV/HD. I corrected that, and no longer get the port errors... I'm still getting the Encore error which stops me from making a DVD through Encore.
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Unfortunately "..\..\Src\Time.cpp-105" is a bug pointing to Adobe's code, and I don't think they support CS3 anymore. As we don't have Adobe's code we can't determine what we might be doing to cause it. From your workflow it seems you are encoding form Premiere to MPEG2 and that is what is being imported into Encore, and we are not involved with that. If you were to do those steps manually, export to MPEG2, then import into Encore does that work, or Export to SD AVI and import that into Encore? Looking for more info.
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for your reply, David.

My issue is, that it it works fine with NeoScene converted files, but doesn't with Neo HD converted files. I've noticed that the same Canon MOV files are slightly smaller when converted with Neo HD, than when converted with NeoScene.

I am a little frustrated when you say "...I don't think they support CS3 anymore. As we don't have Adobe's code we can't determine what we might be doing to cause it." But on your own Neo HD web page, it states:

# Application Compatibility: Most AVI/MOV compatible editing and effects applications including:

* - Final Cut Pro (Mac)
* - Adobe CS3 / CS4 / CS5 (Mac release July 2010)
* - Avid Media Composer v5
* - Sony Vegas 7 / 8 / 9

This has been a problem which has existed since 2007 (as evidenced by a search here on DVInfo.net). I would think that it would have been fixed, otherwise you wouldn't have said that Neo HD is compatible with CS3! Obviously there is an incompatibility somewhere!

Again, it works without Neo HD converted AVIs, it works with NeoScene converted AVIs. It just doesn't work with Neo HD converted AVIs!

My workflow, for my testing is this:

1) Create footage on Canon 5D mk II at 29.97fps
2) Convert the MOVs to AVI using HD Link
3) Create a PPro project (1920x1080, Square Pixels, 29.97fps, 48000Hz 16-bit audio)
4) Add the AVI tothe time line
5) Export to Encore

The above workflow causes Encore to crash with the error message previously reported.

Prior to installing Neo HD, if you replaced step 2 with...

2) Convert the MOVs to AVI using NeoScene

Everything worked.

Yes, exporting the timeline through TMPGENCXpress and importing that MPEG2 file into Encore works. The *only* change has been uninstalling NeoScene and installing Neo HD in its place.

I will try uninstalling QuickTime, as this has been linked to this error too, and will report back.
Old May 20th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Major Player

QuickTime!

Sigh... uninstalling QuickTime fixed the problem! I downloaded the latest QuickTime installer from Apple and reinstalled it, and the problem came back.

Allow me to retract 99% of my prior message, and offer an apology to David and Cineform!

However...

It looks like there's an incompatibility between Neo HD and QuickTime, so, where do we go from here?

Any suggestions, David?

Last edited by Julian Frost; May 20th, 2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added the info about downloading the latest QT.
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You could try removing the Quicktime CineForm importer

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\Common\CineForm\CFQTImporter.prm
and from here (sometimes)
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore\CineForm

Best to search for CFQTImporter.prm in C:\Program Files\Adobe\ and remove any.

Only other quicktime component is the QT codec, which you don't need. So optionally remove:
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTCmponents\CFHDCodec.qtx
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Hi David,

I renamed the file "CFQTImporter.prm" as "CFQTImporter.prm-disabled" which was in:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\Common\CineForm\

There were no other copies on my system (even had Windows show all hidden and system files).

I renamed "CFHDCodec.qtx" as "CFHDCodec.qtx-disabled" , which was in:
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTCmponents\

This did not solve the problem.

Any other ideas?

Oh, I also restarted both Premier and Encore while holding down the Shift key to insure the plug-ins were freshly loaded.

Last edited by Julian Frost; May 20th, 2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Info on shift key
Old May 21st, 2010, 12:57 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I had the same problem as you did with an old system. I solved it by installing a legacy version of Quicktime. Can't remember where I found it, I think it was a private enthusiast's site. I had to go back a long way, and iTunes didn't work any longer, but it got rid of the error. I needed QT for Procoder to work.
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Renaming often doesn't help, they need to be removed.
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:03 AM   #10
Major Player

I'll try removing the plugin and see what that does.

I tried the following too:

1) Click File -> Export to Encore
2) Select the destination folder and file name
3) Click OK and press the Shift key
4) Continue holding the Shift key....

Encore will open, load in the footage, and everything is OK.

If I do it again without holding the Shift key, it crashes with the same error, so it seems holding the Shift key does something... but only for that one instance.

Interestingly enough, if I start *Premier* while holding the Shift key, but don't hold it while *Encore* is automatically started, I'll get the crash and error message.
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Major Player

Success!

With QuickTime still installed...
I uninstalled NeoHD....
Downloaded the latest version of NeoHD (v5.0.1.257), and installed it...
Removed all instances of "CFQTImporter.prm" and "CFHDCodec.qtx".

From there, I was able to export my Premier projects to Encore without errors.

I don't know if it was removing the plug-ins, or the new version of NeoHD. Either way, I'm not messing with it!

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:23 PM   #12
Major Player

I have 2 Windows XP installations on my system (I boot with Boot Manager and run one or the other), not simultaneously). That said, it's the same computer, the same copy of Windows XP, the same everything... the only difference is... my Clean system has only Adobe Production Premium CS3 and a coupleof other applications installed on it, while my Dirty system has the Adobe Production Premium CS3 and everything else under-the-sun installed on it!

My Dirty system now has no problems running NeoHD, FirstLight, Premier Pro CS3 and exporting a PPro project to Encore.

My Clean system, however, hangs during the export to Encore.

My work flow is as follows:
1) Create some footage (in my case, a 1 minute, 29.97fps clip from my 5D mk II)
2) Import it into PPro
3) Without editing the footage in any way, click File -> Export to Encore. Select settings to match the footage, give it a filename and a destination folder and click ok
4) Encore opens, creates the project, and imports the M2V file...
5) Encore hangs!

Unlike the first problem I had (read the first post above), there is no error message, the system seems to enter an infinite loop. One of the system's quad cores maxes out to 100% (overall CPU usage is 26%), the page file stays constant at 1.12GB, and it stays like that. On my Dirty system, steps 1-4 above take about 60 seconds.

Just as I did on the NeoHD installation on the Dirty system, I removed the two files David Newmann mentioned earlier, but this is a different problem.

Again, the Clean system has very little software installed on it. The items that *are* installed on it, are also installed on the Dirty system. There is *nothing* installed on the Clean system which isn't also installed on the Dirty system (so I know there's no compatibility issues between items installed on the Clean system, as they would also effect the Dirty system!).

Prior to installing NeoHD, this used to work (with NeoScene installed).

Any ideas?
Julian Frost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase