Cineform NeoHD problems - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Try 127c - both suggests you tried 127a and 127b, 127c was posted a few moments ago.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:13 PM   #17
Major Player

David,

127/c This build takes the longest time for the Neo..... splash screen to go away. 50 seconds as opposed to about 20 in the last two. Still no NeoHD screen or functionality of FirstLight.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sounding like you have a different problem, which was always a possibility. What happens when you start HDLink? How long before you see its splash screen (time from the double click?) The licensing for HDLink and FirstLight is the same. If HDLink starts quickly you need to contact support as you likely have a missing component for FirstLight to work on your system.
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:07 PM   #19
Major Player

David,
HDLink starts immediately with the "NeoHD" splash screen which stays on for a couple of seconds, so that appears to work fine. The component I'm missing right now is any more patience. I called Cineform support and it went to voicemail. Sweet. "Leave a detailed message" it said. Not sure if it recorded for half an hour so I hung up. I did get an email from Jake requesting a screen shot of my activation window and he assures me he can get it working from that. I got 10 bucks that says he can't.
Old May 24th, 2010, 05:35 PM   #20
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Voice mail is slow, use the ticket system Support Center

If HDLink opens quickly, that Jake is correct, he can fix your system as you not have the licensing issue.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #21
Major Player

I win the $10

I sent a screen shot to support and here is the reply:

"According to the screenshot, the software IS ACTIVATED. So i'm not sure what the problem is.
There's nothing left for you to do except start using it."

jake

Geez, if I knew that all I had to do was start using it.....Oh now I remember why I'm not JUST using it. With the latest version I have tried, (I think it's version 4) it now takes 50 seconds for the splash screen to load (NeoHD doesn't show) Did I fail to mention after loading a Cineform avi in FirstLight, the only feature that works is scrubbing and back? Any thing else I try only gets me the "Cineform has stopped working" screen and crashes. So yes if I needed a $349 piece of software that I can scrub along the timeline, and back up one frame at a time, I can't recommend this software enough. You could use quicktime or media player and save the cash, plus you would get the play, stop and reverse features but hey it won't say Cineform. Stick me with a fork, I'm done.
Old May 25th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You PC is having a problem, if you want to help us find it please work with support. I sorry I had you side-tracked thinking it was simply a license startup issue (it is not.) Explain to support that it didn't work, venting here will not help you solve this.
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Neo 4k Woes

I am having the exact same problem, I mean exactly. The splash screen comes on and stays almost indefinitely making First Light unusable. The only time the splash screen goes away is when I click on it.

Not likely we are both having computer problems. It is most likely something endemic to your software. I have a brand new i7 930 system with an X58 mobo, GTX285 video card and 12G of DDR3 ram.

This does not happen with HDLink. The splash screen comes on and almost immeditaely finds the license.

Those of us who go back to Aspect are just frustrated so pardon our venting.
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We found out what is going on about an hour ago, most of this thread is not related and can be ignored, the official patch will be out tomorrow (v5.0.2.)

In the meantime:

Right click on FirstLight icon and select "Run as Administrator", FirstLight will get to do its needed initialization will now work correctly
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Well done..it works!!
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #26
Regular Crew

David,

I think I suggested to you to run it as administrator in another thread. You said it didn't work. This problem has existed since NEO HD ver 4 on Win 7. I guess I should have reported it then but setting the properties to always run as administrator masked the problem.

Yes, Win 7 is funky with UAC and R/W permissions.

Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chilson View Post
I sent a screen shot to support and here is the reply:

"According to the screenshot, the software IS ACTIVATED. So i'm not sure what the problem is.
There's nothing left for you to do except start using it."

jake

Geez, if I knew that all I had to do was start using it.....Oh now I remember why I'm not JUST using it. With the latest version I have tried, (I think it's version 4) it now takes 50 seconds for the splash screen to load (NeoHD doesn't show) Did I fail to mention after loading a Cineform avi in FirstLight, the only feature that works is scrubbing and back? Any thing else I try only gets me the "Cineform has stopped working" screen and crashes. So yes if I needed a $349 piece of software that I can scrub along the timeline, and back up one frame at a time, I can't recommend this software enough. You could use quicktime or media player and save the cash, plus you would get the play, stop and reverse features but hey it won't say Cineform. Stick me with a fork, I'm done.
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #27
Major Player

Run as Administrator does not solve the problem for me. I still get the exact same problems as documented above.

I followed the link above to 127/c but the link is dead. I don't really know which version I have. Is there a way to update it and have it fixed?

Regards,
-- John.
Old June 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #28
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The latest release v5.0.4 has solve many issues, have include the latest of all component so please download that. The only known reason now for a non-functioning FirstLight, is you don't have QuickTime installed, so please try that.
Old June 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #29
Trustee

I just upgraded to NeoHD and updated to Rev. 5.04-261. FirstLight will play Cineform files but will not apply any changes unless I run as administrator. I am running Vista 64-bit. Will I continue to need to run as administrator or will this be fixed in a future release?

EDIT: I changed Compatibility mode in Properties to "Run as Administrator" so at least the problem is masked when I run FirstLight. It runs fine now.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 02:26 PM   #30
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is not really bug, rather you have you LUTPath pointing to a folder that needs Admin level permissions. Newer installs will use the old paths (if set), as they work to never lose project data. A first time install should no longer use the those protected paths. To fix your existing install check out this video link vimeo.com/10024749 In the notes for this there is a tool for move you LUTs folder to path with more generic user privileges (like the dropbox folder or somewhere in C:\Users\Public.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase