Workflow Dynamics: Adobe CS5, Cineform Neo 4K, AJA LHi - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM   #31
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Some of the acceleration is not complete for AVI yet. There are so many features to support and add, it can be confusing yet we are discussing. Yes, CineForm adds an AVI importer which all work in all editing modes including AJA.
Old June 1st, 2010, 05:17 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Thanks David and Greg lets get this "confusing" setup for Cineform and AJA strait!!!

1.I pick one of the "AJA" preset to work with Cineform, question number one is should I use uncompressed or compressed preset?

2. I use to convert my P2 files to a Cineform 1280x720 25p (PAL) AVI file inside the HDLink into the "HIGH" compression mode in the option mode of picking the one I liked most. Now is this like uncompressed or is it compressed when it comes to AJA’s preset?

3. Now if you guys are working on the mov support and AJA is working on the AVI support thats fine, but how on earth are you gonna get this to work. Bring in a AVI file in to a AJA preset when they not get support it and the other way a round like P2 to mov not supported in Cineform "how". It's a merry-go-round don't you see!!??

4. I just "LOVE" to work with Cineform files and FL so to me this is critical to me to make this work David with my AJA KONA LHi (PC), perfect sync with audio and picture through SDI timeline program monitor view!!!! I work for the biggest Broadcast industry here in Sweden so it's not just me that is depended on these you know:-)

Help us out here David:-)

Regards
Mikael
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM   #33
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This is not that complex.

1 & 2) use uncomrpessed, although I don't think is matters.

3) No merry-go-round just adding more support -- not removing formats.

4) Yes, and you should be talking to AJA also let them know adding CineForm is important to you also.

Basically you can drop an AVI on the timeline and play through HDSDI today. We are hope AJA will add some acceration. There is nothing more to it and FirstLight works automatically with all CineForm sources. If AVI is an issue today for your AJA setup, you can convert to MOV as a default within HDLink, drop those on the timeline and play out through AJA. So there is no issue, and support is only going to get better.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:55 AM   #34
Regular Crew

It shouldn't be that hard, but...

I have HD Link captured HDV footage. High Resolution setting, AVI with no converstion. Files are 1440x1080.

These Cineform files play great in the Windows Media Player, and if you edit in CS5 with Cineform time line presets, no problem.

I can't choose an AJA preset (Compressed 1440x1080) and have anything but green screens in the source, timeline playback or HDMI out through the AJA card. When I choose a 1920x1080 preset, I get a Green screen on the source window, and a wrong PAR on the playback and HDMI output.

This is why I cannot get Cineform files to play nicely with the AJA card. I am trying to work with a Service tech at AJA but what I get is "We don't support the Cineform Codec" or, "this is all new to us, but it should work."

I have several drives full of CIneform footage, and this is becomming a problem. If I capture from HDMI from my Canon HV30, the AJA card seems to work okay, but all my previous footage is the problem.

Greg Kubitschek
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:15 PM   #35
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That sounds simply like a AJA bug not support 1.33:1 HD files. Do submit a bug report to AJA. You could up convert them to 1920x1080 in HDLink (AVI to AVI conversion is supported.)
Old June 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Yes it is a bug!

Thanks for keeping up on this thread David. I sent a file to AJA, and they confirmed.

[Thanks for sending the file. QA sees the same problem with your file. It seems to be related to the type of file which wasn't tested. My QA guy is filing a bug so it can be addressed in an update. But as of right now there isn't a way to play that particular file type through the Kona.]

I have since tested a full 1920 x 1080 and that works great!

Greg Kubitschek
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase