Stupid activation problem....probably my own! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 7th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Trustee

Stupid activation problem....probably my own!

I upgraded to NEOHD from prospect a few weeks back....and I forgot to activate it. Now, everytime I try to activate it, I only get a screen prompting me to input my name and key. I cannot find anywhere in the software that will allow me to request an activation key. I have my serual number ready to go....I just can;t find anywhere to put it to request an activation. I am sure there is a simple solution....but I can't remember what it was!

Okay, I found the webpage and entered all of the information as requested and received my activation number immediately. But it doesn't work. :( So I guess I need to open a trouble ticket. I wish this wasn't so complicated. I know when it works it is okay...but this isn't the first time I have had activation issues.

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

With question like this allow try Cineform Tech Blog first

Put Activation in the search field, there are a bunch of responses including:
Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive How do I activate my CineForm product?

Which will lend you to the page you need:
Activate
Old June 7th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Trustee

I did that and I eventually found it. Sorry for posting here but sometimes this feels like the place to get technical answers....I hardly go to the official site. Sorry! Now if I can just figure out why it won't activate.....
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik View Post
I upgraded to NEOHD from prospect a few weeks back....and I forgot to activate it..
Marty
The recent free upgrade path for PHD users has been to Neo4K v.5, not NeoHD.
So, one possibility:
If you are using an activation key that doesn't match the software version- might be the problem
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Trustee

Is that true? Prospect owners upgrade path is to NEO 4k? If this is accurate, then that might be the issue. I have to admit that when I saw that NEO HD was only $499 and I paid a lot more for Prospect when I got it, I wondered. So perhaps I just have the wrong version installed? I'll try that when I get home I guess.

Can anyone verify this?
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #6
Trustee

OK. Again...I should have serached the Cineform site and checked first.....but it does appear that I should have downloaded and activated NEO 4k version. Cool!

So the question now....are there any other tangible differences betqween NEO-HD and NEO-4K other than unlimited resolution?
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

4:4:4 (RGB rather than YUV 4:2:2 encoding) and alpha channels are the other key differences. Neo4K is the way to go if you every need to deal with DPX or TIFF Sequences, as it can match the bit-depth and chroma resolution of anything you can through at it -- Neo4K has been used to online IMax movies.
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #8
Trustee

Thanks. Support got back to me and said that a lot of us are downloading the wrong version and to check that I have neo 4k. So later...I will reinstall and try it. I can't wait to see the new capabilites.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase