DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   MC5: Imported Cineform avi's come in as two split clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/480294-mc5-imported-cineform-avis-come-two-split-clips.html)

Simon Zimmer June 12th, 2010 12:13 PM

MC5: Imported Cineform avi's come in as two split clips

Hello,

I just installed avid media composer 5.

Using AMA to link to the cineform .avi files that I have, the files come in very quickly. However, when I view the clips, the one clip becomes two in one clip. Kinda like a split screen effect. Plays fine just looks wrong.

Any one else having these problems?

And yes I did submit a ticket to cineform.

Simon

Anish Sharma June 12th, 2010 10:58 PM

couple of things you can try:

1. reinstall the cineform codec
2. you dont mention the version of cineform you are using but i have heard issues like this also gets fixed with messing around with the 3d eye settings.

iam having a different issue though...my imported clips show as 4x3 aspect ratio when it should be 16x9 and also , playback is not smooth

Simon Zimmer June 13th, 2010 07:43 PM

Neo4k

Good point!

I am using Neo4k. I did try reinstalling cineform. Actually, due to some other problems with MC5, I reinstalled my whole computer to get a clean start with MC5. Everything works great now except for the cineform AMA imports.

I guess there are still a few bugs they have to get out. I wrote a support ticket on Saturday.

Later,

Simon

David Taylor June 14th, 2010 05:35 PM

Simon, we've seen this here too and are looking into it. I think this is "common" behavior right now. Give us a day or two for more insight....

Simon Zimmer June 15th, 2010 06:48 AM

No problem.

Jake told me the same.

Thanks for the quick response.

Otherwise, once it is fixed, Avid is going to be amazing to use!

:)

Simon

David Taylor June 16th, 2010 12:36 PM

Hi Simon, we have a new build posted that fixes the MC problem. Please give it a try and confirm that it works as you expect. CineForm Product Downloads

Simon Zimmer June 16th, 2010 06:06 PM

Hi David,

Thanks for the message.

Yes, I just updated cineform. The good news is yes the import has fixed the split clip issue however now I am having problems playing back the audio. It is distorted and seems to get stuck in a loop.

If I play the cineform file in windows media player, the audio plays fine.

I do have AC3 filter installed. I even did a fresh convert with HDlink onan AVCHD clip to cineform.

I am using Neo4k with the latest build.

Should I write another support ticket?

I will also see if anyone on the avid forum can help me out.

Thanks,

Simon

David Taylor June 16th, 2010 06:16 PM

David Newman says he thinks the audio is probably an Avid problem as CineForm is not processing the audio. You might see what they say on the Avid forum....

David Newman June 16th, 2010 06:20 PM

Yes, we have little to nothing to do with audio playback in Avid. Avid is reading the file, QT/Avid is demuxing the file, QT via our codec is decoding the picture, audio is handed off to Avid -- we don't get to touch it (even if we would like.)

Simon Zimmer June 16th, 2010 06:22 PM

Hello,

Wow! That was a quick response. Thanks to you both. :)

Okay, I will let Avid know.

Video looks great though.

Thanks for the support!

Simon

Simon Zimmer June 18th, 2010 08:05 AM

Cineform and Avid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1539305)
Yes, we have little to nothing to do with audio playback in Avid. Avid is reading the file, QT/Avid is demuxing the file, QT via our codec is decoding the picture, audio is handed off to Avid -- we don't get to touch it (even if we would like.)

It works now David^2.

Great product!

Thanks,

Simon

Jason Rosenfeld June 18th, 2010 08:24 PM

Seeing same kind of thing

I'm seeing something like this in FCP. It seems like the screen is shifted over about 25% and the part that is cut off spills over to the other side. I just installed NeoHD yesterday (upgraded from Neo Scene) and I believe that I have the latest build. Should I uninstall completely and reinstall (does the upgrade to NeoHD perhaps not install the codec again?)

David Newman June 18th, 2010 08:38 PM

That was a failure of the previous version, make sure you have v5.0.4.

Jason Rosenfeld June 18th, 2010 08:57 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply. Makes me not feel as bad to be editing on a Friday night. :)

Looks like I have 5.0.8.132

When I check Cineform under system prefs, I see 5.0.8.134

Is the answer to uninstall neoscene and then do a new install of NeoHD?

David Newman June 18th, 2010 09:18 PM

That is a Mac version number. The failure was on the PC only, and not related to the Mac. As I haven't heard of any Mac issues in MC5, please file a trouble ticket.