DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New PC builds for the Neo series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/480509-new-pc-builds-neo-series.html)

David Newman June 16th, 2010 02:43 PM

New PC builds for the Neo series

Here are the core changes:

Build 5.0.4.261
Added - support for NVidia Dual SDI from FirstLight (2D and 3D playback.)
Enhanced - restored asynchronous decodes to CS5. (more speed)
Enhanced - Playback under heavy load in CS5.
Enhanced - AVI Thumbnail support in CS5 Adobe Brudge.
Fixed - Avid MC5 compatibilty with the QT decoder.
Fixed - CS3 exports being half height.
Fixed - MOV support in Bridge

Request your update from Cineform and click on downloads (left nav bar.)

Paul Curtis June 17th, 2010 12:31 AM

David,

Thank you, i used this last night quite a bit and so far it seems like an improvement on 5.0.3. I can still crash it but nowhere near as much as before (I'm assembling a simple test case for Jake to reproduce). Certainly i've not had the same degree of freeze ups, especially with MBL.

It seems to have cleared up Peak file generation too.

I also upgraded to the very latest nvidia drivers released recently, that may have helped my situation too.

Although i'm still not using the cineform RT engine with my main project. If i create a new sequence and copy over my edits PPro still crashes and i need to restart.

Is there a recommended way for changing sequence settings - does copy and paste not work very well or should it be fine.

Can you explain what the technical differences are with the cineform RT engine - i'm running a GTX285 so what would get me best editing performance?

cheers
paul

Justin Lovell June 17th, 2010 08:03 AM

Awesome, installing now! Thanks David, you guys rock!

-----------------
Justin Lovell
cinematographer./8mm.16mm>HD.transfers
3200a yonge st. toronto ont m4n2l1
w. 416.901.5332 m. 416.803.1101
Frame Discreet: Film Transfers and Cinematography

Junior Pascual June 18th, 2010 04:47 PM

David,

Using NeoHD 5.04 build 261, I tried to convert some .m2ts files to .mov with HDLink and got an error. This is the first time that I tried to convert to .mov. Never tried it with earlier versions of HDLink. Normally I just convert to .avi to edit in Vegas Pro 9 but this time wanted to convert to .mov to deliver to a FCP user. Otherwise all seem to work fine.

I filled out a ticket with support last night.

Jr. Pascual

David Newman June 18th, 2010 07:31 PM

Make sure you have QuickTime installed if you use MOVs.

Junior Pascual June 19th, 2010 01:34 PM

I have Quicktime Player version 7.6.6 (1671) installed. Or do I need to purchase Quicktime Pro?

David Newman June 19th, 2010 02:13 PM

You don;t need QuickTime Pro, so please file a trouble ticket with support.

Lloyd Coleman June 19th, 2010 03:41 PM

David,

I am having problems with my Premiere projects generating peak audio files each time. I have seen a couple of people claim that this new build fixed the problem for them, but it has not for me.

I didn't see any mention that this build addressed the peak audio file problem. Is this a fluke for them or is the problem supposed to be fixed?

Thanks,

Lloyd

David Newman June 19th, 2010 06:51 PM

Neither, we don't see how it is our bug, and we have reported it to Adobe. We understand that we must be causing it somehow, but it Adobe the need to determine why it is happening on some systems are not others (and getting less common.) I only have it on a project that used an external drives, the same project with media on local drives doesn't to it.

Lloyd Coleman June 19th, 2010 10:14 PM

Thanks David,

I didn't think this update was supposed to necessarily fix the peak file problem, but I saw these other two posts and wondered if maybe it was supposed to be fixed and I was the only one still having the problem.

"It seems to have cleared up Peak file generation too."

"With the new update 5.04 problem is solved. Just import your 5.03 converted files in a new project and..done. No regenerating files anymore.
Thank you Cineform for this quick fix !!"

Oliver Walker June 21st, 2010 02:47 AM

bug maybe ? playback external monitor - doesnt appear first time.

alls working good for me with latest build . just installed a 285 to test out acceleration.

But ive had a problem with every version where you create a new project - select output as an external monitor just normal opengl (i dont have a 3d monitor) and then the project starts fresh, then i drag some clips into timeline and nothing appears on my other monitor.
if i go back into project settings and open the external monitor box and press ok for the second time it pops up fine,and works great form then on.

any ideas?
cheers
Oli

Marty Hudzik June 24th, 2010 01:05 PM

Is Cineform working to port over any of the transitions that got left behind with Prospect? I really rely on several of the wipes for more organic looks than the very "mechanical" Adobe versions that allow almost no control over them.

I have been using them since Aspect HD and depend on them for certain text animations.