Activation woes and slow support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 19th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #1
New Boot

Activation woes and slow support

I can't be the only CineForm customer who hates their ridiculous activation system. After simply updating Neo HD, I can no longer do anything and am presented with such helpful errors as:

-14: Application sent invlid (misspelt) parameters to QL

and

Incompatible Ticket. This ticket was created with a different version of QuickLicense. Click OK to quit.

Still waiting for a support reply more than 24 hours later.

I originally bought Neo HD for PC and later switched to Mac. Activation was such a nightmare I resorted to the reloading the trial version using an Acronis image every 2 weeks. Don't even have that option now i'm stuck with an Apple.
Ciaran Riddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

Our offices are typically shut on Sunday. However, I replied to your ticket this morning. If you have any questions about the solution I provided, please reply to the ticket. Thanks.
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:34 PM   #3
New Boot

I think they might be swamped with the new releases. Jake has responded to me (thank you) but unfortunately, I still cannot get my NeoHD activated either, and I definitely feel your pain. I lost a very crucial weekend and now I'm back to editing with uncompressed quicktime files just so I can make some progress while I wait to fix this.
Jason Rosenfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:52 PM   #4
New Boot

@Ciaran:

I had a different error code, but I completely removed Neo and then went under library/application support (root in my case) and removed the folders cineform and cineformx. Then i rebooted, reinstalled, and it all worked fine. Now I'll see if this new build fixes the split window issue in FCP.
Jason Rosenfeld is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase