DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Scene 5.0.5 Build 264 and MC5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/481590-neo-scene-5-0-5-build-264-mc5.html)

Keith Gresham July 8th, 2010 09:36 PM

Neo Scene 5.0.5 Build 264 and MC5

When I convert AVCHD footage from a Canon HF10 (FXP mode - 1920x1080 Full HD Recording @ 17Mbps and 24p) the converted file will play in Media Player but not Quicktime. In Quicktime it shows up as a white screen with sound. This is how it imports into MC5 too - white screen with sound. If I convert the Cineform file to DNxHD and then import it, all is fine. (In fact the footage is awesome, better than using any other method I have tried, and I have tried most of them.) I'm sure that if I can get the Quicktime problem figured out, the file will import correctly and I can skip one whole conversion step. In fact the AMA linking might even work then.

So what am I doing wrong? Do I need Quicktime Pro or is there a missing plugin? Help!

Keith

David Newman July 8th, 2010 09:51 PM

Currently NeoScene doesn't come with the QuickTime codec, I believe there was once a technical reason for this (likely since solved -- looking into that.) In the meantime download a trial of NeoHD, and you will find CineForm files work great with the new MC5 AMA link.

Keith Gresham July 8th, 2010 10:33 PM

Sold!

I'm sold. I downloaded the NeoHD trial and it works great! AMA linking is perfect. OK, so I missed your deadline of June 15th, and I just spent $49 upgrading Neo Scene from ver. 1. Can you help a fellow NC San Diegan out? Otherwise I might have to wait until ver 6 and hope you have another deal...

Keith

David Newman July 8th, 2010 10:44 PM

Email dtaylor at cineform to see if you can swing that old deal.

Munim Tarafdar July 9th, 2010 09:48 AM

Downloaded the new trial version of Neo Hd v5. Ok the problem iam having when using HD Link is when iam capturing via intensity using the medium quality setting is the after the file size reaches 7gb the computer freezes.

here is my computer specs

Dual core 2.66ghz intel cpu
4gb ddr3 ram
main drive micro sata 120gb
video drive 2.5inch 5200rpm 250gb hardrive
Graphics onboard GMA X4500 Graphics.
Black Magic Intensity
OS win 7 ultimate.

Any clues whats going on?

David Newman July 9th, 2010 11:11 AM

That drive might be too slow. There are no size restrictions.

Munim Tarafdar July 9th, 2010 11:28 AM

Interesting, i will have to look further in to that because i just did a test on the same machine by capturing Dvc Pro HD via cs5 and i captured 35 gb (just over half hour) in one go and kept perfect audio sync.
also the drive is a Fujitsu 250gb sata and on the black magic speed test it measures 85mbs?
its a brand new drive as well only 3 weeks old, and the drive is empty, formatted NTFS.
i will try it out my 3.5inch 2tb hard disk and get back to you with the results.
Iam pretty sure it aint the drive though but we shall see.
Also does Dvc Pro HD not have a higher data rate then Neo Hd?

David Newman July 9th, 2010 01:25 PM

I only question the drive (and now the system) as it is locking up. We have companies doing 24 hour HDSDI captures in CineForm, so something is going wrong on that system.

Munim Tarafdar July 10th, 2010 03:26 AM

Last night i did another capture of dvcpro hd for over and hour not a glitch, will try with JPEG2000 as well.
I have another test rig which i can install neo hd. also the system is practically bare, just cineform, and CS5. i wonder if any one else has encountered this?
Iam wondering if its cos iam usiing win 7 ultimate instead of home or pro?

Munim Tarafdar July 12th, 2010 04:32 AM

Just thought i would let every one know i finally got NEO HD working, and not freezing after 7gb of capture.
I basically did a fresh install of the OS and then NEO HD and it all seems to run ok.
O will now gve it a shake down.

Thanks David for taking the time to chime in.