DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Magic Bullet problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/48225-magic-bullet-problem.html)

Michael Stewart July 24th, 2005 10:28 AM

Magic Bullet problem

Found out that using the magic bullet "vignette" was part of my problem, but the final file is doing something that David may know why. If I bring the file into Premiere after exporting from AE, it is black if I scrub through the timeline, if I play (hitting play) the file plays perfectly, if I export in any format, it exports in black, any ideas?

Thanks
Mike

David Newman July 24th, 2005 10:46 AM

How are you exporting from AE. Are you using Video for Windows and selecting the "CineForm HD Codec 2.0" or are you using the "CineForm AVI" export option?

Michael Stewart July 24th, 2005 08:21 PM

Cineform HD codec 2

Mike

David Newman July 24th, 2005 11:05 PM

I'll need to test using VfW through AE again. Although that should wokr fine, it is not the preferred method. Try using the CineForm AVI exporter instead of Video for Windows.

Michael Stewart July 24th, 2005 11:24 PM

Hi David, when I do that (export instead of render queue) it asks for a compressor (after choosing Cineform AVI), do I chose none? (it only gives SD choices) Also David, why is it not the preferred method (using AE and rendering out to a CFHD file, what good is AE if everything needs to be done in Premiere, maybe I am not following/understanding correctly

Thanks
Mike

Randy Donato July 25th, 2005 08:25 AM

I think you are missing what he is saying...in the output module there is a drop down (at the very top where it says "based on") and it defaults to video for windows....select Cineformavi in there. I think you are using video for windows then selecting Cineform in the video output format options. If you do it correctly you will get a dialog in the format options that will allow you access to the cineform quality options.

Michael Stewart July 25th, 2005 08:34 AM

Aaaah, thanks Randy I was a bit confused, I went to the "export" function in AE instead, I will try it to see how it works, thanks for clearing that up. Hope it works.

Mike

Randy Donato July 25th, 2005 02:00 PM

BTW David if you see this what happens if you do not select Cineform and use Video for Windows and try to use cineform as the compressor or video output format something is screwed up since you are unable(going that route) to get at the quality settings. At least on my machine. Haven't tried to render anything doing that to confirm black video but something is amiss.

David Newman July 25th, 2005 06:06 PM

Randy,

I'm not sure whether you are saying you can repeat this.

I have no issue iusing VfW or CineForm AVI exports from the render queue. Using the Export option from the file menu will not allow you to encode to use CineForm compression, so don't use that.

Michael Stewart July 25th, 2005 09:19 PM

Hi David, here is what I found, render queue.......video for windows + CFHD 2.0 = in Premiere, black video when scrubbing and exporting to different format (m2t to be precise) plays fine but when it stops it is black, render queue........cineform avi works perfectly, had no problems with it scrubbing in Premiere timeline, I do notice that while it is rendering in AE it does not give an estimated file size when rendering, not real important to me as long as it makes a good file. Also David, did you use the "vignette" plugin from magic bullet on your test? It seems to work fine unless I use that plugin, but my symptoms (black video scrubbing, good video playing) thought you might have an idea, the video is obviously there it plays back fine, just was not sure why it would not scrub.

Thanks
Mike

Randy Donato July 25th, 2005 09:33 PM

What I can repeat is when I add to render que and go to the output module and do as the poster apparently is doing...which is leave the format as vfw but select cineform as the compressor then the quality options can not be accessed....I don't do it that way and use cineform as the format option and when I set it as the compressor the quality settings show up fine. One other question, I am seeing the cineform HD v1.2 and not 2.0...I have Aspect... is 2.0 in Prospect or did I get a bad install? Running 3.2

Michael Stewart July 25th, 2005 09:38 PM

Randy, mine says 2.0

Mike

David Newman July 25th, 2005 09:54 PM

Randy,

There was a minor patch to Aspect HD 3.2a, a couple missing features like was we forgot to bump the version number on the VfW codec (as it has changed a lot.) However the VfW codec doesn't have a qualitry control panel (one day.) You should get 3.2a as it does have a fix for the DVD export.

Mike,

I don't have the "vignette" plugin. Is there are sample I can try?

Randy Donato July 25th, 2005 09:56 PM

Maybe that is whats wrong:)...mine is 1.2 BUT I can use either VFW plus CFHD 1.2 or Cineform avi plus CFHD 1.2 and they both work in Ppro. I feel .8th of an upgrade short here.....wasup? And no joy on a reinstall.

Randy Donato July 25th, 2005 10:22 PM

AspectHD-3.2.35-b-Download-Setup.exe is the version I installed....I will give the newer(I am assuming it is) version a shot....nice feature using the 4:4:4....but do the transitions still have the field dominance problem? Also if i get the time I will see what Procoder does with it.

EDIT update the new version fixed the 1.2 vrs 2.0 problem