CineForm Neo 5.0.7 build 267 live - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 10th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Sponsor: CineForm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Feldman View Post
My "out of context" is a direct cut and paste from CF support but based on your reassurance I requested download again, installed it, and found it still does not work... guess I should have believed Mr. Segraves who wrote my open trouble report status when it says "work in progress". I hope I am updated on that progress
this was an issue in Neo Scene build 267 only. i believe that's what david means when he says this is out of context. its not relevant to the other products. I replied to your ticket, by the way.
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #17
Regular Crew

support issues

Mr. Segraves from CF support spent a lot of time with me and resolved the issue I was having, it seems that my particular problem was unique to my computer. Support stuck with it and resolved my issues in a fast and professional way that should be the standard for tech support.
Thank you CF
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Fast 3D - forces the internal window to be over/under?

Nice update. I am now able to manipulate the 3D file in First Light while Premiere is open without it crashing. I also can playback full res 3D 1080p on an external monitor in Premiere without dropping frames (pretty sure.. but see below).

Is there a way to determine if Premiere is dropping frames (in the internal window or external display)? There seems to be no default indication this is occurring unlike other NLEs (vegas displays the actual playback rate, FCP stops playback and issues a warning.. etc...) I would rather not have to keep a sharp eye to figure whether it's the NLE or the footage with motion issues.

The Fast 3D option seems to have greatly increased the ability of Premiere to playback Cineform 3D files full-screen on an external monitor. Unfortunately it seems to force the internal window to display over/under. I have tried changing the 3D display type but it always displays over/under. Am I missing something or is that part and parcel of having full screen 3D on an external monitor?

Finally, I have not been able to get OpenGL 3D working with nVidia 3D Vision via First Light yet. Works fine in Premiere, but neither internal window, Full Screen Primary nor Secondary External Monitor will work. I tried the same trick it took to get Premiere to work but all this did was corrupt my 3D Vision/OpenGL (even after reboot) requiring me to do a full recovery of the Win7 installation. It would be really handy to get this feature working with 3D vision to make 3D adjustments without having to float between Premiere and FL to see the adjustments full screen. Should I contact tech support on this?

Thank you,
Robert
Robert Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Dropping frame indicator is not planned, we don't have that in 2D either, never have as there are to situations that generate false positives. For HDSDI play out to tape we used the AJA frame buffer to give an real indicator, after all you particular need to know when laying back to tape. We internal know we skip decoding of the frame (that is visually obvious), but we don't know in OpenGL presents the frame 1/60th later than it should (I guessing that can happen.)

We will like make the internal monitor preview left only in a future undate, but currently there are a few places where under-over pops-up when it shouldn't.

This is weird, as it is the same code in FirstLight as Premiere to drive OpenGL 3D. I expect these new NVidia 3D Drivers are still settling in, and this will be fixed by an NVidia driver update. It is working with our FX3800 to our Samsung 3D 120Hz page/flip monitor, but it toook a few driver updates to get it work correctly.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:51 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Hello David,

Using the latest build and still getting this error see my previous post when I click the about Cineform on the C CIneform icon on the taskbar.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...ml#post1556603

I am on Windows 7 pro 64bit.

Thanks,

Leo

Last edited by Leo Baker; August 22nd, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Forgot Link
Leo Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase