DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Timecode: how to re-stripe Cineform file with a different timecode? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/483826-timecode-how-re-stripe-cineform-file-different-timecode.html)

Alex Raskin August 25th, 2010 07:09 AM

Timecode: how to re-stripe Cineform file with a different timecode?

I have SI-2K camera that captures in CFHD RAW video files.

They come out stamped with timecode (VTIC?).

Need to re-stripe those existing files with a different timecode. (So I could sync with a different set of video files, alreday timestamped correctly, in Premiere CS5.)

1. How to do that starting with the time/frame info that I input manually?

2. Automation: How to do that based on LTC (audio TC) that has already been recorded on one of the stereo sound channels in that file?

Alex Raskin October 8th, 2010 10:00 PM

Bump... David?

David Newman October 9th, 2010 10:50 AM

1. In Premiere you can set a needed timecode, right click and select Modify -> Timecode.

2. No idea -- maybe in the Premeire manual.

It either case the sample metadata is not changed, so a burn-in with always reflect the capture timecode -- this is both a good and bad thing (although technically correct.)

Alex Raskin October 9th, 2010 11:26 AM

1. Tried that, but the changes don't stick - they are only there until you close the Premiere. On re-open, all my timecode changes are gone. Like you just explained, they are likely not being propagated into the metadata.

Thus I'd need to restripe the source file itself with the correct timecode that I know I want.

Would it be possible to add such feature to HDLink? I know you already are using THM files to restripe Canon 7D source videos with THM-derived timecode, albeit behind the scenes.

Why not make this a menu choice - display the current timecode, ask whether to keep or change it, and then stripe the file accordingly. Doable?

(Research showd that re-TC tools seem to exist for Quicktime mainly, not for AVIs, so I'm hitting the wall here...)

David Newman October 9th, 2010 12:04 PM

Then it is a bug that the timecode doesn't stick, as that is the best way -- added to the bug list. Restriping the sample is wrong approach, as it devalues the point of timecode, and we don't do that on MOVs either. On MOVs there is a timecode track that is independent to the sample timecode.

Richard Needham November 30th, 2010 09:44 AM

I do not know how Premiere CS3 accomplishes the restripe of timecode, modifying the AVI or creating an index file?, but Cineform seems to be the only codec I am unable to achieve this with. Once the session of Premiere is closed the timecode changes are lost. Since Premiere CS3 has not been upgraded for some years, and this feature used to work perfectly (worked in Prospect4K b169, lost in b193) is there no chance that later versions of Cineform have prevented this feature working as Adobe intended?