Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out

Here are some of the changes in the latest release, now available from CineForm.com

Build 5.1.1.270, released 27-August-2010
* Added - Major overhaul for the FirstLight manual. Much more up-to-date and useful.
* Added - support for uncompressed quality profiles for 422 and 444 encodes -- to be used primarily in third party battery operated capture tools to reduce CPU load.
* Enhanced -- StereoMux and Convert3D utilities to support shell operations (these tools are normally invoked from FirstLight.)
* Enhanced -- all components rebuilt under the latest Intel compiler.
* Fixed -- HDLink running on systems not used C:/ for their OS.
* Fixed -- Convert3D running on systems not used C:/ for their OS.
* Fixed -- changed export presets under CS5 to avoid a Premiere crash (there is a bug Adobe is working on, this patch alleviates the issue.)
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #2
New Boot

CineForm\CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm

FYI:

Just updated to 5.1.1. Now I get an error message about the CineForm\CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm plugin not being able to load when starting AE CS5. I rolled back to 5.1.0 and the error is gone. Also I am unable to run the cineplayer dvd decoder options in control panel. It crashes when I click on a tab. Rolling back did not fix that. (I'm on Windows 7 64-bit Avid certified system.)

Keith
Keith Gresham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #3
Major Player

I get that Importer error when I launch AE now too.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I have found what that is, there will be a fix hopefully later today. The importer is trying to load the 32-bit not 64-bit decoder.
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The downloads have been patched. The importer will now work in AE CS5. Re-download the same link and inside the zip will be 5.1.1.270a, which is the new patched version. Sorry about this, I lot of components were touched with the compiler change, but this is a good thing going forward.
Old August 28th, 2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hello David,

I un-installed the previous version, and I put the hotfix version a on. But on loading After Effects I am still getting the message about it ca't load the common file?

Thanks,

LEo
Leo Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It might be something else as that patch worked for me. To find the reason download the 64bit version of dependency walker -- it is free. Find the importer in Program Files/abode/common/cs5/mediacore/CineForm and load the .prm into depends.exe - it will tell you if there are missing important DLLs. Only the top level DLLs are important, like Cfhddecoder64.dll
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #8
Major Player

Same thing here, (even) the new(est) version does ot work with CS5. Rolled back to the previous CF version. If it matters: OS Windows 7 is not on disk C but instead on D as C contains the old OS Windows 64bit XP

Another question, when I export from AE CS5 the default encoding quality of CF codec is LowHD. But basically, that's what I never want. Is it possible to change the defaults?
Lauri Kettunen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Dependency Walker reports the following on my system:
for Import
GPSVC.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
can not be found.
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

for Export
NTDLL.DLL
Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.

I am runing CS5 on Win 7 Pro (64bits).
Carlos Bustamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Carlos,

This is what depends shows when all is fine. The Warnings are not a concern.

Can you should me how you are seeing those errors with a screen grab? I need to know which DLL/Module is of a "different CPU type", which like means not 64-bit.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out-depnds.png  
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hello David,

I just did a clean install of my HPXW8600, put Windows 7 pro 64bit back on, HP Drivers,Itunes/Quicktime 64bit, Windows updates, Adobe Production Premium cs5, Updates, Cineform a fix.

I get an error loadingAfter Effects as well and when using Dependcey Wlaker I get this error pleae see my screengrab.

Thanks David.

Leo
Attached Thumbnails
Window Neo Series v5.1.1 is out-ae_cf.jpg  
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #12
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is the old version, prior to the patch. So it should already be fixed. When you do the download the zip file should contain NeoXX-5.1.1.270a-Setup.exe -- only the 'a' version has the patch. I have personally confirmed both the NeoHD are Neo3D are good. But it seem Neo4K didn't get the update, working on that now.
Old August 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Hello David,

The NEO4k I downloaded yesterday in the zip it had

Neo4K-5.1.1.270a-setup

Thanks,

Leo
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #14
Major Player

I too believe that there is a greater problem with this build. I always assume the fault is on me (or Adobe), but I've rolled back twice to 5.1.0 and each time it solves the problem.

I've also done a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit and Adobe as recently as last week, and when I open projects in Premiere Pro I get errors during the conform stage upon loading, and most of the CF footage has lines through it on the timeline.

I figured this problem was noticed when the "a" build was compiled, but upon installing that I still had the same problem. I thought my project was surely corrupted somehow, as I tried cleaning the Media Cache folder (and even moving it to a different drive) but none of this worked to restore my project. The only thing that did was rolling back again to 5.1.0....for what it's worth, everything works now under that previous build.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #15
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, however Neo4K had the old data within, refreshed now as 270A. Doing builds on the weekends is tricky as I'm doing a remote login with a poor bandwidth connection, resulting in me accidentally renaming the old build rather than the new with the 'a' designator.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase