HDLink conversion not rendering whole clip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 5th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #1
Tourist

HDLink conversion not rendering whole clip

I am converting a batch of 8 Canon 5D Mk II .mov files to CineForm .avi with HDLink 5.1.2.271 (NeoHD if that matters). I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Intel i7-950, 8 GB RAM and nVidia card.

One file in the converted batch plays about 1:53 and then depending on the player, the video either freezes or the screen turns white. Either way the audio continues playing. The original .mov file is 2.41 GB and is 7:24 long. The unconverted file plays fine in QT and Canon Zoombrowser. This is the largest file in the batch and a cursory check seems to indicate it is the only one not fully rendering, The next largest is 496 MB and plays fine.
Chris Raezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Try the resulting file is VirtualDub, scrub around the effected frame to see whether the file truncated or can't play a particular frame at the 1:53 point. Sometimes the 5D source files can have dropped frames, although I never seen it cause a conversion issue like you are having.
Old September 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Tourist

David,

Sorry for the slow response. Virtualdub plays and shows the clip as 1:49 (3274 frames at 29.97fps). Windows Explorer shows the clip as 7:24 and 1.19 GB and like I said, the original .mov file is 7:24 and 2.41 GB. QuickTime and Windows Media Player both play 1:49 of video and 7:24 audio.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris Raezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Then the file is clearly truncated in video, and not audio. There is likely a frame that is not decoding, causing the conversion to terminate early. Please place that 2.4GB source file on a DVD and mail it to support (like easier than an upload.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase