software recommendation for 3D-editing job at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 6th, 2010, 08:27 AM   #1
New Boot

software recommendation for 3D-editing job

Hi,
we shoot for a customer a 3D-project. We used a side-by-side rig with 2 modula HD-cams mounted parallel. We own a version of neo 4K. I'm just playing around with the the new betaversion of neo 3D to get in touch with the handling and the worklflow. So anybody out there with some experience in editing with both products for a recommendation what programm will work best for this job?

And is the betaversion stable enough to start a new project with it?

And the last question: I converted the masterfiles in july to cineformfiles. Can I still use this files within the actuall neo versions, or is it usefull to do a new conversion with the new encoder?
Robert Brueschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We had feature films finished with Neo3D, so it is stable yes. It work with all the popular NLEs, also the latest version are required for all the 3D features, CS5, MC5 and FC7.

Older files work file. However you are have older left/right file for a stereo project, the multiplexed 3D only supports I-frame encodes (the Mac default, yet only recently the PC default.)
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #3
New Boot

Ok, but what advantages do you see, if I will use neo 3D instead of neo 4k, within this shoots made parallel, side-by-side rig?
Robert Brueschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The main difference is Neo3D can keyframe convergence whereas Neo4K can only have one convergence setup per clip. Some productions need keyframing for convergence.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase