DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CS5 on OSX, NeoHD, crashing PP every time I import (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/484784-cs5-osx-neohd-crashing-pp-every-time-i-import.html)

Nathanael Iversen September 15th, 2010 03:30 PM

CS5 on OSX, NeoHD, crashing PP every time I import

I have installed and activated my Neo HD package with First Light. The Quicktime directory has the codec, etc. I open up Premiere Pro on my MacBook Pro (10.6.3, 4GB RAM, 2.53Ghz) and make a new project. The only timeline options I have are for 2K, 4K, and 720p. I don't have any 1080 options, which seems odd to me at the outset. All the 2k, 4k, and 3D options return an error if I select them. Since these aren't part of what I purchased, this is not surprising, but why are they here at all?

It doesn't seem to matter if I make a HDLSR sequence, or just open the project without a sequence... Any time I try to import a Cineform clip created from ReMaster, PP just crashes immediately. 100% repeatable.

I have both 1080p24 and 1080p25 material that performs the same. Original footage from the HDLR opens flawlessly as expected.

ReMaster v5.0.19.149

Software just downloaded and installed over the last day or so, so I believe this is all the latest stuff. My CS5 is running all current patches, etc. as I allow it to update whenever it wants.

Ideas? Trying to get an edit done using this.

Nathanael Iversen September 15th, 2010 06:17 PM

All of my Cineform clips play back fine in Quicktime Player. They all open in First Light and I can move sliders around and see the changes. I cannot seem to open them in CS5.02 for anything. Any ideas appreciated. It took 9 hours to encode my files as Cineform. So far, this workflow is going nowhere, despite high hopes for it.

David Newman September 15th, 2010 07:05 PM

Did you install the CS5 beta component? It is the separate package that unzips with the NeoHD installer. Please talk with support as CS5 integration is beta, the installation may have failed on your system.

Nathanael Iversen September 15th, 2010 07:10 PM

Well, maybe I am some closer. I had one clip that was only 2:49 (the others are all close to 12 min). The shorter clip is 1.5GB in size. The longer ones are like 6GB in size. The small one opens, imports, edits, responds to changes in First Light, etc. exactly as expected. The 6GB files won't even open, crashing PP. Could this be a 32bit/4GB file size issue? Can't imagine it would be, but it is all I can come up with. Running through the rest of my workflow on this clip seems to be fine, so I am hopeful that something can be done with my other clips.

Nathanael Iversen September 15th, 2010 09:41 PM

I had installed the CS5 component. I even un-installed and then re-installed. I have a support ticket open, and will call into support in the morning. Thank you for your help. I'm sure this will be resolved, as it is does work on my smaller file exactly as I expect and the results are stunning. I am already a fan of First Look after seeing what I could do to rescue a particularly under-exposed clip from one of the cameras on my last shoot.

David Newman September 15th, 2010 09:47 PM

No need to call. Sounds like the new importer simply has a 32-bit bug (4GB limit) and I have already forwarded that information onto the engineer involved. Your trouble ticket will allow support to follow up as soon as there is a patch.

Nathanael Iversen September 16th, 2010 10:30 AM

Wonderful! Thank you for the quick response. I'll be happy to test out a patch as once this issue is resolved, it appears the rest of my planned workflow goes off without a hitch.