Using Cineform to bridge between PPRO and FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using Cineform to bridge between PPRO and FCP

I own an event video production company, and I utilize outside editors for portions of each project that we do. These editors are utilizing Premiere Pro cS5 in a Windows 7 environment and cineform to transcode AVCHD files(1920x1080i) shot on a Sony NX5U. Once they have performed the edit, they give me a finished movie.

My question is what is the best output (smallest size and highest resolution) that the PPRO CS5 editor to use in order to share this finished movie with a final cut environment? If he uses the native setting of the sequence, I believe he would be export 1920 x 1080 cineform avi.

In the past (SD world) I would take an AVI (output from PPRO), load into Quicktime X, and save as an mov. I'd then combine the mov's in a final cut sequence and produce a single mov with chapter markers.. take that to compressor to prepare mpg2 files, then use these files in DVD Studio Pro to create the DVD.

Would the best workflow be to take a Cineform AVI from the PPRO CS5 sequence, use the rewrap product form Cineform to convert to mov then use on the FCP timeline?

Please give me some advice
Old September 22nd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You can export a CineForm MOV directly from CS5, which works well in FCP.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase