HD LINK improvement- to know which clips are 24/60 before transcoding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 24th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Major Player

HD LINK improvement- to know which clips are 24/60 before transcoding

When Importing clips, it would be helpful to see the frame rate / resolution.
Remaster has this information available, so does Final Cut pro Log and Transfer.

I have a bulk of footage, mixed onto one drive of 720p 60 and 1080i 24p from a GH1.

I have not found a quick way on a PC to see the file information to know which clips are which resolution. (as a workaround, I open the clips on a mac to get the file info, then write that all down).
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Having that info available in HD Link would be pretty nice. I'll second that suggestion.

If you're on a Windows machine and you're dealing with Quicktime files, you can open each file in Quicktime Player and see all the specs in Inspector. With AVIs I use VLC. VLC can't open everything (Cineform files won't play in VLC) but most common AVI, WMV and FLV flavors will. For those not-so-common flavors, the only way to see the specs are to pull them into your editor.

All that is a real pain in the butt. Having the specs available right when you pull it into HD Link would speed up some of the decision making.
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase