How to set up Cinform capture presets? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 25th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to set up Cinform capture presets?

I am running CS5 5.2.0 on trhe current Cineform 4K release. Hd Link works fine capturing HDV footage and allowing CS5 to edit it. However, inside Premiere, I do not have the "Cineform" selection under capture presets in the capture window.

I use an AJA card sometimes for monitoring, but all I have available is DV, HDV and the AJA capture. HDV gives me a simple non-cineform Mpeg aand the AJA doesn't work unless my intial Premiere Project settings are under AJA.

Any suggestions as to what I am missing would be helpful!
Greg Kubitschek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

70 some reads and no helpful feedback?
Old October 26th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I could be wrong but I believe you capture from camera using the Cineform HDLink standalone application not the capture function built into Premiere.
Bill Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Are you using a Cineform project preset? If so, Cineform Capture should be visible. If not, it wouldn't be -- at least in the versions I've used.

Edit: Haven't used Cineform in a while, so I just loaded up the latest version of Neo 4K and created a new Cineform project in Premiere, and what do you know... the Cineform HDV Capture and Cineform Device Control settings in the Premiere Capture Window that I was used to seeing in the past are gone. So I'm of absolutely no use to you as I am as stumped as you are.

Looks like Bill's right; you must capture using HDLink rather than Premiere.

Last edited by Adam Gold; October 26th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the responses - and thanks Adam for actually trying it out on your system! I have been a big user of Cineform and Premiere for years, and this was a real stumper. I wish I knew more details of the software changes that get made through time. Odd, Anyway, thanks a lot for checking it out and not having me feel I was starting to lose it!
Old October 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Maybe David will weigh in and tell us what we are both doing wrong... or if this is a new "Design Feature."

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase