NeoHD: not generating usual files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 31st, 2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Major Player

NeoHD: not generating usual files

A problem has cropped up after installing NeoHD v5.21: usually 5 files are generated at each conversion (.avi; .avi.skf; .avi.sfl; + two more sfk and sfl). Now I'm getting only the avi files and just hiss where the audio should be (amplifer noise at max gain, is my guess). Re-installing v5.20 doesn't fix the problem. Same behaviour on different machines (Vista on laptop, W7 on editing machine). Solution?
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:16 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We don't generate those file, those are produced by Vegas. Only .AVI is the expected output.
Old November 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Same thing here, with no audio in converts from our EX1R cam with HDLink and NEO 4K.

True with either 5.2.0 or 5.2.2

Never had these probs before and nothing has changed...only CF.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:40 AM   #4
Major Player

David, those 5 files normally appear in folders output by HDLink. This is run upstream of Vegas. One doesn't run HDLink from Vegas, so I'm surprised by your statement. You may tell me that the other files arise from the XDCAMEX1 data format and are not specifically generated by HDLink, but they are certainly nothing to do with Vegas or any other NLE. Not all problems caused by Neo are the fault of Sony, and very definitely not this audio fault. One can play cineform avi files with Neo-Player, and there is no audio other than an almighty hiss.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 09:48 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Serena, sorry you are mistaken. Those file are the peak files (or similar) Vegas generates with the AVI is imported in that tool. I was simply answering the question placed by the thread title "NeoHD: not generating usual files", and it is, AVI is the only expected output. The hiss in audio has just been reported in another thread, in that case it was reference to EX1 file conversion, and we are looking into that. I promise we will fix the hiss, but not make extra files. :) Also always file a trouble ticket, not just report here. The ticket system reminds you to provide pertinent information, how us understand the issue.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:24 PM   #6
Major Player

Indeed I do have a ticket re audio in your system. And you're right that the question of the extra files isn't central to that problem. At the same time, what you say about Vegas generating files in HDLink stand-alone operations is astonishing, and indicates a degree of integration that I did not expect.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:29 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The hiss has been fixed for XDCAM EX sources, and will be available in the next build.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Major Player

Excellent.

Of course Vegas doesn't generate those extra files! I guess you're not really familiar with the files generated by HDLink converting EX BPAV data files. Obviously Vegas does generate sfk and sfl files when rendering within Vegas, but that's not what I'm referring to. HDLink, when run stand-alone, used to generate 5 files as mentioned at the start of this thread. I'm happy to accept your statement that all relevant information is in the avi file and therefore to presume that the remaining 4 files are associated with the HDCAM EX data files. But they are not written by Vegas.

Last edited by Serena Steuart; November 3rd, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase