NO EX1R AUDIO with new beta from HDLink at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 1st, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Major Player

NO EX1R AUDIO with new beta from HDLink

Okay, I'm sure this has an easy answer........right?

We just converted a bunch of clips with HDLink and using the new beta 5.2.2 .

Video's fine but NO AUDIO! It sounds like a bunch of static. We know there is original audio in the EX1R originals, as we can play them back in the cam.

Suggestions? We rolled back to the previous version and same story...NO AUDIO.

HELP!!!
Old November 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

what were the audio settings used in camera? send a sample file to support and we'll check it out.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Cameraman's gone already, Jake, so I'll have to get that to you tomorrow. I assume you're referring to sending an original mp4 file, right? It's totally normal when played back direct from the cam

I'll check it out with him for audio settings and a file tomorrow. It'll have to be a short file as our internet is VERY slow.
Old November 1st, 2010, 10:46 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, confirmed, EX1 audio is coming out byte swapped. Funny thing is we haven't changed anything in this area either. We will explore further.
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:46 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have problem too with this build and with the sound. This is when I convert my 1280x720 (pal) filmscan-2 file to 720x576 (pal) widescreen, I get just pink noise.

Another strange thing is that when I use Premiere CS3 I can do a perfect resize within Premiere timeline export from 1280x720p (pal) to 720x576 widescreen (pal), but inside CS5 I get black sidebar?

Strange?

Regards
Mikael
Mikael Bergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2010, 07:43 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Yes, confirmed, EX1 audio is coming out byte swapped. Funny thing is we haven't changed anything in this area either. We will explore further.
We'll hold further CF conversions from EX1R source files until you can squash this serious bug.

Hopefully it's something simple and you'll have a new beta out for us ASAP.

We've got lots of work stacked up and this will now require a pile of recaptures. Doing the audio separately and re-linking it all is a pain, but an easy workaround, so it's no showstopper.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 05:10 PM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The hiss has been fixed for XDCAM EX sources, and will be available in the next build.
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:30 AM   #8
New Boot

@ Mikael

The black bars come about because since CS4, Adobe has treated the PAL SD anamorphic image as being equivalent to 1050x576 square pixels, rather than the previous 1024x576. It seems odd but is in fact 'correct', in as much as a circle on a TV should appear perfectly circular. The bars should be outside TV safe on a televison, but are obvious on an overscanned screen (such as the computer).

A 102.5% horizontal scale will get rid of them, though circles will go a little squat (as they did in CS3 and before, which shows how subtle it is!)

For a thorough explanation:

After Effects CS4 - pixel aspect ratios - 1024 vs 1050 | Mike Afford Media Blog
Ben Turley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Major Player

Instead of scaling up footage i use the Crop feature in the Export Settings dialog and crop ~13 pixels at the Top and at the Bottom. Use the Output tab to verify that the black bars are gone. Go back to the Source tab and re-adjust if needed.

By cropping one does not need to upscale the footage and thus loose some quality, and the circles are perfect. :)

I wish the new PAR's will find its way into HDLink as well since the geometry of downscaled HD footage is lost when using HDLink to downscale. :)
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:42 PM   #10
New Boot

Same problem here with the hiss. I simply exported the video from preimiere CS5 as a Cineform AVI file and then put the outputed file back into a premiere CS5 timeline. White noise on the audio. It seems to be a problem with the decoder, as previously creaded Cineform files now hiss when played back in Premiere CS5.
Scott Kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Scott, that is completely unrelated, so please contact support as you may have discover a different issue, as no one else has reported this. The hiss in the audio discussed in this thread is for EX1/3 files converted in HDLink, it has nothing to do with Premeire. The HDLink issue has been fixed in the upcoming v5.2.2

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase