stereo strange thing on after effects at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 9th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

stereo strange thing on after effects

i start from clip shooted by SiK2 in cineform stereo raw.

imported on NLE we found some clip with eyes inverted, we split with demux tools, then i see that cineform keep all metadata of original muxed clip, also 3d correction, but....

on firstlight i can enable and disable 3d correction, and correction seems work fine, in correct direction.
when i open these two files in after effects seems they not respect shifting from firstlight, is i disable preview of all tools like 3d correction, framing etc seems after continue to see all, and bad thing see inverted value...

if i shift a picture +0.0049 i see picture shifted -0.0049
i not understand why.

another thing, i see that when i move one eye (single clip left ) from mux also other eye (single clip right) move its value.... uhm it's good when i work with mux, but now i de mux to correct a problem on a single lens and this connection cause problem to me...
is there a way to unlink this single file?
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

and more...
seems that all metadata are linked together...

if i change muxed file, demuxed file see that, and i found same change, but if demuxed is because i WANT to remove link with original muxed file, to manipulate in some way that firstlight can't do...

i would like to have the ability to remove link from original file, and (very important) link must not be bi directional... when i de muxed file, in original muxed file i delete accidentally be cause i deleted keyframe in the left clip in a single file.... and firstlight connect it to stereo file and delete it without ask me if i want to delete ALSO on original....

firstlight is a great tools, but when i apply some destructive operation like delete keyframe, i would see a message that ask me if i want to keep aligned stereo file, and its derived left right file, or break link and leave keyframe in original stereo setup..

please don't answer me to snapshot everything, be cause is not a good way to build undo for this things.

i think that all operation that are recursive from only file to derived, must be esplicited by message.

demux is not a proxy.
when i do a proxy i know that there is a link, when i demux i split, no more, and not want more, is only source of problems.
Carlo Macchiavello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

Sorry but this is how the CF things work, the database is NOT file based, all the metdata is based on GUID that is inside the video stream. To be honest I dont know if it is possible to change the GUID for a copy of the clip (DN needs to chime in here).

You could do 2 databases I guess, one for muxed sources and the other one for demuxed.

Hope this helps a bit
-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

You could also use the GUID repair tool to create a new GUID in the muxed file. On the Mac the application is called GUIDUFRM_repair. Just drop the clips you want to assign new GUIDs to on the application icon and the files care changed in place.

Also useful for assigning new GUIDs when you split a long shot using media manager.
Craig Davidson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase