Weekend Beta 5.2.2.282 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #16
New Boot

I will. It's weird considering I can batch all day using 5.2.1
Dennis
Dennis Helmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #17
New Boot

weird solved

I David,
I just uninstalled 8.22 .282 and downloaded a new version and reinstalled. I ran 10 new 400megabyte files with no problem. I then ran the files that crashed last night and when Neo Sean got to file number six it crashed again. I eliminated file six they all ran with no problem. I then ran 10 or 12 more files and all went well. Seems to be a corrupt or partially corrupt file that was causing the problem.I'm doing of a bunch more files today will let you know if there's a problem.
Dennis
Dennis Helmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #18
Regular Crew

hi David
I've installed a demo version on a second machine - yes, it does work and convert 3Ds fine. Hm, strange..
BTW, what do you mean by 'fixing the vertical offset' ? Are those windows not correctly Y-centered ? If so, could you share with us a correction numbers. Thanks

Last edited by Anton Galimzyanov; November 15th, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
Anton Galimzyanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Dennis,

Thanks for that update, you had me baffled, and reconverted gigabytes of 5D and 7D clips to make sure everything was working. Seems the build is okay.
Old November 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #20
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Galimzyanov View Post
hi David
I've installed a demo version on a second machine - yes, it does work and convert 3Ds fine. Hm, strange..
BTW, what do you mean by 'fixing the vertical offset' ? Are those windows not correctly Y-centered ? If so, could you share with us a correction numbers. Thanks
Seems that the 3D lens on the SDT750 is not alsways perfectly aligned. This is easy to correct for.

Load the 3D converted sequence into FirstLight and enable the differencing mode.

From here you can adjust the vertical to remove that strong black line (error between the two eyes.)

In the corrected image I used -0.0038 vertical adjustment (a -0.38% shift or around 4 pixels.) I also did a horizontal convergence change to place the tree at the screen plane (-0.0049). In the Framing panel I set the zoom to 1.1844 to remove the black borders. This set the display to Anaglyph for web viewing.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Beta 5.2.2.282-st750-fl1.jpg   Weekend Beta 5.2.2.282-st750-fl2.jpg  

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #21
Major Player

CUDOS and minor FL irritation

This report is to give you a thumbs up on the new beta, and a small grumble about a minor irritation in FL.

We are using this new 5.2.2 beta with some new EX1R green screen shots and have been very pleased with the results. Very nice indeed! So far, no major or serious bugs and we were blown away by the chroma quality.

One minor irritation in FL:
When exporting and importing layout data with the "Burnin Controls", it was irritating to NOT have "Export Layout" record absolute position data for text (I wanted to save for other projects and needed to apply to different clips). When I tried to import the "Cineform Layout Template" (XML), it would return to the "center" position I had used so I could drag the text to the position I needed.

Absolute coordinates would be nice for any text or graphic elements and the drag feature you activated by clicking the "center" position works fine. Any workarounds for this, or is it just a minor fix? Keeping all the info on an export would make it more useful for many workflows.
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thanks, we have gone one better with build 283, fixed a licensing bug (introduced by a third party) and a white balance bug for SI-2K footage. This should be release today.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase