DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Remaster hangs on 5d + GH1 clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/487700-remaster-hangs-5d-gh1-clip.html)

Anmol Mishra November 19th, 2010 01:16 AM

Remaster hangs on 5d + GH1 clip

I have 2 clips. One from the 5D Mk II and one from the hacked GH1. Remaster hangs.

I have the 4:2:0 -> 4:2:2 checked

Film Scan 1

And for GH1, the check the GH1 option
For the 5d I check the 5D option.

Its really really annoying.

Any ideas ?

David Newman November 19th, 2010 11:44 AM

Just on these particular clips or all from these cameras? Please report to support with the details, and they may want a clip that has this error.

Anmol Mishra November 19th, 2010 03:18 PM

I opened a support request. The file is www.salsadynamite.com/files/MVI_4180.MOV
It crashed Remaster somewhere near the middle.
I tested my hdd and memory to ensure it was not my system causing the problem.

David Newman November 19th, 2010 06:40 PM

I tried your MOV on my MacBook Pro and it worked fine. I was using v5.2 build 160, the current release. Please make sure you are using the latest.

Anmol Mishra November 19th, 2010 07:03 PM

Definitely causes a problem here. I uninstalled and tried again. Latest version. Anything else I can try ? I need this file for my editing.

Craig Davidson November 19th, 2010 07:11 PM

I also had no problem converting the file on a Macbook Pro. I did use build 161.

Anmol Mishra November 19th, 2010 07:29 PM

One mistake corrected, somehow Quartz GL was disabled in my Secrets prefpane. Once I enabled it, there was no problem with the processing.

However, I am convinced I have an install issue. There is a second file thats a problem now. Its at www.salsadynamite.com/files/00008.MTS

Also, when I reinstall CF, the License no longer accepts the Activation code from the previous install. From the CF FAQ, an upgrade requires a CF uninstall. However, I should not be needed to request an Activation code a second time.

I keep on getting the error -5: Computer time/date changed or reinstall of trial ticket

Anmol Mishra November 19th, 2010 07:32 PM

Hmm I was using 160, just download 161 and will update this post if its fixed the problems.

EDIT: Problem is fixed.

For the record, I had 2 problems to begin with. Somehow I had turned Quartz off in the System prefpane inside Secrets. Then I reinstalled, but I had 2 serials to use, but used the incorrect one.

In terms of the second file hanging Remaster, I think there was some internal corruption that got solved by a reboot.

Anmol Mishra November 20th, 2010 04:23 AM

Problems with multiple files

I still have a problem. When I render 1 file at a time using Remaster, there are no issues.
When I have multiple files, it just hangs on the first file.
REALLY frustrating!
Is it a codec issue ?

Anmol Mishra November 20th, 2010 07:53 PM

Update

Well. I tried different things. I disabled Spotlight. I replaced the CMOS battery. I uninstalled programs runnings during startup. Tried to upgrade the system. One of the drives was eSata, I tried using it as a USB drive. No go so far.

What I have established is that if I put 2 MTS clips in the Remaster window, then it hangs on the second clip. If I process the clips individually there is no problem. If I try .mov files there is no problem either. There seems to be a problem with multiple .mts files from a hacked GH1.

I will keep this thread updated. The problem is probably with something in my system. Not sure what yet.

Anmol Mishra November 21st, 2010 02:22 AM

Craig offered me a fix. And its fixed. Not sure what the bug was, but perhaps CF would include it in their next release.