DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   quicktime unusable in PPRO CS5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/487872-quicktime-unusable-ppro-cs5.html)

Mike Harrington November 22nd, 2010 10:56 AM

quicktime unusable in PPRO CS5

first off I must state THIS MAY NOT BE CINEFORM RELATED

I have 4 workstations with CS5 installed....as of maybe a month ago all 4 of them when a .mov is present in the timeline in any codec.....slows the timeline down to the point where dragging the CTI results in a 20 second delay.

Just having an MOV in the timeline slows the project down to the point where i have to remove them (usually converting it to cineform AVI then reinserting)

So for the past month quicktime has been utterly useless for us.

The only reason I post here is that I havn't seen a mass outcry on the forums of people with the same problems....and the fact that all 4 machines have either neo 4k, neo hd or at least neo player.

Has anyone else been experiencing these problems on PPRO CS5 (all win 7)?

Like I said....could very well not be cineform....so no one jump to conclusions reading this....I'm just checking all possibilities.

Pete Bauer November 22nd, 2010 11:01 AM

I've not yet installed Cineform on my CS5 box and have not experienced anything like what you describe. Cineform producets uninstall/install pretty quickly; perhaps try uninstalling (don't deactivate though) and see if performance changes. If it does appear to be related to Cineform, file a trouble ticket with them and specify exact versions of all software involved (QT, CS5, Cineform).

David Newman November 22nd, 2010 12:50 PM

It is an Adobe bug that we've been helping them on. The conflict happen between multiple MOV importers that use the "Source Settings..." function. If you are running the latest Neo software, we allow the disabling of this one feature until there is a patch from Adobe.

http://cineform.com/downloads/cs5MOVpatch.zip

Unzip and double click on cs5MOVpatch.reg

We expect this to be fixed with future CS5 updates, so I have install the undo for the patch.

Mark Pavy November 22nd, 2010 01:04 PM

I also found that Projects I had started prior to the fix still did not work as expected.

The good news is that all Projects started after the fix were fine ie I could import and use MOV files as normal.

Kaspar Kallas November 23rd, 2010 07:42 AM

Hi

I have the same problem on MAC, anything I can do about it?

Thank You
-Kaspar

David Newman November 23rd, 2010 09:49 AM

They is a similar patch for the Mac, although that is a question for support, as I don't know what it is.

Mike Harrington November 23rd, 2010 05:57 PM

patch worked like a charm....thanks for posting David

I am however experiencing the same issues as Mark...the patch seems to only apply to new projects...dosn't fix previous ones. And i have tried making offline and re-linking or making offline and replacing...dosn't help

I guess we will have to wait for Adobe to fix it...

David Newman November 23rd, 2010 09:44 PM

Sorry to here that, we will forward that information on to Adobe.

one thing to try. remove to MOV importers (look for CFHD_MOV* in program files/Adobe.) Load the troubled projects, save under a new name. Close Premiere. Restore the MOV importers, with the MOVSetup = 0, load the new project. Might work.

Mike Harrington November 24th, 2010 06:27 AM

thanks for the tip David...

you kinda lost me at the MOVSetup = 0

thats not the registry script you posted is it?

David Newman November 24th, 2010 09:58 AM

That is what is in the script.

David Newman November 24th, 2010 12:17 PM

Also try turning off all the XMP metadata controls in the Settings under Media. Maybe Premiere is caching import preferences in the XMP data.