Cineform 3D, Premire Pro CS 5 and exporting at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 14th, 2010, 11:25 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform 3D, Premire Pro CS 5 and exporting

I'm really hoping someone has come across this problem and will have a suggestion or solution. I need to export my 3D sequence into a side by side H.264 format. When I do this, I lose most all my titles - one still shows, but is truncated. I actually lose my titles in most export format, and in different modes like red / cyan.

I updated all my hardware drivers including the Nvidia video card and glasses. I am running the latest version of Neo 3D, I have uninstalled PP CS 5 and reinstalled it, and it is updated as of yesterday. I export directly, I don't que into the media encoder. I'm running Window 7 - updates are current, 12 GB of ram and a SSD drive.

Pressure is mounting on this export, and I'm running out of options, if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.
Ron Niebrugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You must first render a sequence with titles and graphics out to a Cineform 3d Intermediate. There is a little checkbox in the Premiere export settings that must be selected, I think it is only there when exporting to a Cineform file type. Then reimport that file and you will be able to export to h.264 in what ever 3d format you choose.
Mark Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks a lot Mark - I should have posted this question awhile ago, I will stop trying those other methods.

That export method does preserve my titles, but turns a time-lapse sequence to a solid black. Figuring out why my time-lapse goes to black is probably is where I will concentrate my efforts. Any thoughts on why that might happen.

I should add, my time-lapse exports just fine in every other export method - but then I lose my titles.

Again, I appreciate your feedback.
Ron Niebrugge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Glad I could help Ron.

No idea with the time-lapse though.
Mark Pavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks again for your help Mark. I was finally able to get the time-lapse to work, so the export / import / export method works. Thanks again.
Ron Niebrugge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase