DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   First light mia. My fult probably (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/489073-first-light-mia-my-fult-probably.html)

Bob Hart December 18th, 2010 02:25 AM

First light mia. My fult probably

FIRST LIGHT MIA - MY FAULT PROBABLY.

If it can be broken, be assured Bob will probably break it.

I have been playing with CS5 demo and Neo 4K demo with SI2K footage on a proper computer with the certified video card in it.

I find a few things seem to be missing which might be attributable to the software being demo or my own mismanagement. I'm too tech-dumb to distill the difference.

Firstly, I find I cannot create a custom preset for 2048 x 1152 @25 like I could in PP2. The doings of it are just not there to be found where I used to find them.

Secondly. the ability to go to Project then display settings, metadata and enable-disable a SI2K look is gone-gone-gone it seems. Like a fool I double clicked the default look file and it is there for keeps in the image.

When CS5 opens up, the cineform tile with the try-it choice does not pop up like it used to. So I don't know if Cineform is actually there in the background. I assume it is as the SI2K clips play as smooth as chilled custard down the gullet in CS5 and in media player as well.

Thirdly. HDLink no longer allows Sony EX converts to be assigned to a different destination folder. You can tell it to do so but it will bung the converted files back into the CLPR folders regardless, fortunately not overwritten.

CS5 is disabled in demo mode for exports due to licencing requirements of the respective codecs. I thought cineform would be different but the disablement in CS5 seems to be in that a destination folder option does not display, therefore you can't send it anywhere. Maybe that overides the file convert functionaility of HDLink.

The export function itself seems to work but no file to be found anywhere. Maybe that is all that is intended, to show how it works.

Any hints or clues as to whether I am mismanging or not will be greatly appreciated. This computer has a GTX-470 vdieo card in it, wich is apparently what CS5 wants.

I am a bit leery of buying the hardware and software if these glitches are inherent in the system and not just attributable to the demo limitations.

John Quandt December 18th, 2010 07:00 PM

I think you've already figured out the problem. The demo version of CS5 is crippled, so the HD options don't work. The Cineform demo is not, but can't work with a crippled version of CS5.

Bob Hart December 18th, 2010 08:28 PM

John.

Thanks for that. It otherwise has been a novelty to be able to move clips round, add effects, play them back in realtime instead of step-animating them with the cursor and that is off the C: drive, not a separate drive, so hopefully a correctly set up system will be an even happier affair.