DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Is it possible to change the frame rate of cineform QTs - cinematools doesn't work (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/491014-possible-change-frame-rate-cineform-qts-cinematools-doesnt-work.html)

Justin Tran January 31st, 2011 05:01 PM

Is it possible to change the frame rate of cineform QTs - cinematools doesn't work

Hi all,

I've done a search and found a few things that talk about this but couldn't get any of the solutions to work for me.

My issue is that I have a multi-frame rate project that is shot at 23.98 and 29.97 (frame for frame without pulldown). I want to work @ 23.98 as my base so want to slow all the 29.97 footage to 23.98.

The issue is that the 29.97 footage was shot on a camera (not 100% on model) that uses AVC and I can't use cinematools to change it's frame rate to 23.98 (conform button is greyed out, QTChange doesn't seem to work either).

At the moment, the only solution I can think of is to convert the footage to prores, conform it to 23.98 and then convert to cineform. Something I'd prefer not to do.

Hope that explains it all clearly. So does anyone know if there is a way to change the frame rate of the cineform based QTs?

Thanks in advance

John Reeve February 10th, 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Tran (Post 1613262)
Hi all,

I've done a search and found a few things that talk about this but couldn't get any of the solutions to work for me.

My issue is that I have a multi-frame rate project that is shot at 23.98 and 29.97 (frame for frame without pulldown). I want to work @ 23.98 as my base so want to slow all the 29.97 footage to 23.98.

The issue is that the 29.97 footage was shot on a camera (not 100% on model) that uses AVC and I can't use cinematools to change it's frame rate to 23.98 (conform button is greyed out, QTChange doesn't seem to work either).

At the moment, the only solution I can think of is to convert the footage to prores, conform it to 23.98 and then convert to cineform. Something I'd prefer not to do.

Hope that explains it all clearly. So does anyone know if there is a way to change the frame rate of the cineform based QTs?

Thanks in advance

Hi Justin,

Both ReMaster and HDLink will allow you to change the framerate of a Cineform file. On the mac side launch ReMaster, choose your 29.97 content from the browser, choose CF Rewrap from the "Output Format" drop down in the Output tab. Then go to the Processing Tab and select "Frame Rate change 23.98"... This will give you a new file at 23.98.

In HDLink select your files to change and click Prefs. In that menu choose... oh wait I am just going through this now myself and I don't see an option 29.97 to 23.98... hope your using the Mac Version...

***edit ***
There is a 30 to 24 option in HDLink... maybe try that if you are on a PC.

John

Justin Tran February 23rd, 2011 10:45 PM

Re: Is it possible to change the frame rate of cineform QTs - cinematools doesn't wor

Thanks John,

I was hoping to avoid the additional rewrapping process - I'll give it a go anyhow, might be faster than using prores as an intermediate format.