Firstlight not working properly - color correction not updating at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 10th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Firstlight not working properly - color correction not updating

Can anyone help me with a new issue that just popped up? When I'm in Firstlight, I'm unable to get active metadata to change at all now. I can pull sliders any direction I want and nothing is happening. What's odd is I can turn on passive metadata like histogram, timecode, etc and it shows up but nothing in the active metadata column.

I think the culprit might be my quadro 3700 card died last week and I put in a geforce 570 card while its out for RMA. I thought Cineform worked with Geforce too though. Is there a config file or something that might cause this?

I want to add that I did a reinstall as well but no luck. Also, any metadata that was already on files is still visible and I can turn it all settings on and off but I cant tweak it at all. When I pull sliders around, I can see the histogram wiggle ever so slightly but nothing is happening.

Last edited by Jeremy Hughes; March 10th, 2011 at 01:17 AM. Reason: added info
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Firstlight not working properly - color correction not updating

I got some help today from Jake and figured it worth posting here if anyone else ever comes across this issue. I upgraded from Vista to W7 and had not disabled my User Account Control. Once we turned that off, I was back to normal.
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase