problems so far at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1
New Boot

problems so far

I just wanted to report some problems I've been having with neo 3D.

First, since the audio problem was fixed, I moved to mac system from windows. Then I had a problem with side by side view issue. They sent me a fix, 5.3.3 Build 183, then it worked fine, but then the image suddenly started flipping and the horizontal and vertical flip buttons won't work in firstlight, so I had to roll back to 5.3.2 Build 180.

Second, when I started a new project on monday, the side by side problem was no longer an issue, but I couldn't import muxed media files, so I had to rewrap them and that worked. However, when it paused in the timeline, it shows the correct image, but when I play it back, the image was upside down. And a few of the clips that were shot with AG1 had side by side view issues. It was a minor problem, but I thought I should let cineform know now.

I'm in the middle of editing of video that will be preloaded on LG's new 3D smart phone will be released soon. I haven't updated at the risk of fixing the old problems, but then having to deal with possible new bugs. Because I'm working one my own and the date by which the project was due is tomorrow, I haven't had time to send a trouble ticket.

I can't wait to finish this project, update and test the new build!
Sejin Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Re: problems so far

All these short term issues are in Interlaced 3D, which we don't recommend (progressive is better for 3D.) We added and release it quickly as we had some high end productions that shoot 50i or 60i, all was fine on the PC, Mac still need some work. Sorry you got caught up in that and it should be stabilized now. Progressive projects should be unaffected.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase