NeoScene 5.3.2 stops capturing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Tourist

NeoScene 5.3.2 stops capturing

I installed 5.3.2 and tried capturing an hdv recording from my Sony Z5U to my I7 Core running Window 7 64bit. I had chosen convert to cineform intermediate avi. After 5 sec. the capture stopped and the log reads:
Error; ConnectPin(cfSampleRate, cfEncoder) (0X80040207 - The owner on a per-user subscription doesn't exist ) in (RT CaptureConvert at 973.
Error: BuildGraph_Downstream(videoOutputPin, audioOutPin, quality (0x80040207 The owner on a per-user subscription doesn't exist ) in (RT CaptureConvert at 350.
Error: hr (0x80040207 The owner on a per-user subscription doesn't exist ) in (RT CaptureConvert at 1351.
I also tried it on my Sony core duo laptop also running Window 7 64bit and get the same messages.

Can anyone help me get NeoScene up and running again?
Thanks, Charles
Charles Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: NeoScene 5.3.2 stops capturing

Hi Charles.

I faced the same problem with the Neoscene and posted a rerport on it weeks ago so far nothing has been done about it.

Matthew
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Tourist

Have you guys tried turning off the option to convert immediately to the cineform intermediate format, and tried taking it into the PC as just the raw footage format from the camera?

I ask this as my friend had a similar problem trying to get footage off his JVC GY HD101e via firewire recently, and this seemed to solve our problem. We just had to do a separate conversion pass afterwards.
Terry Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Major Player

I thought those were neo HD and above features - capturing live I mean.
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #5
Tourist

Nope, you can certainly do live capture on Neoscene too, I'm pretty sure it's a standard feature in all Cineform software now.
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Sponsor: CineForm

Its true that the simultaneous capture and convert to cineform files is currently not working in the latest builds. I've offered these two workarounds for NeoScene users:

you can capture just the m2t file and then convert to cineform files in a second step.

OR

uninstall the current build that you have installed. then download and install this build:

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...261-100615.zip

then download and install the latest build on top of build 261.

http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...316-110419.zip

this has worked on all our test systems, so feel free to give it a try while we await an official fix from the engineering team.

(NeoHD users can do the same with the NeoHD versions of the builds listed here):
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 06:37 AM   #7
Major Player

Hi Jake,
I'm sorry to say, but considering the last bug-free build was released almost a year ago, it doesn't really seem as anyone at cineform actually cares about fixing this bug.
When I purchase NeoScene and discovered the problem, I first tried to find a solution on your website. Nothing. The another DVInfo user offered me the solution and the link to the 261 build.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...ml#post1614216

On this thread, when asked, David says that you are going to work on a fix for this bug in the next few weeks. That was almost 3 months ago.
Please, at the very least, post the work-around and the link to the 261 build on your website's FAQ page so people have a quick solution and won't have to fish around in this forum for an answer.

Thanks,
Jon
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Sponsor: CineForm

I've posted the workaround in the Windows Workflow\Troubleshooting section of the new support site:

http://support.cineform.com/entries/...t-working/edit
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Major Player

Thanks for the quick response :) much appreciated
I do hope this bug will be addressed soon.
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM   #10
Tourist

Interestingly Jake, we tried converting some footage again using the second solution in your post.

We used some original 24p footage from my friends JVC GY HD101e, and although the conversion seem to go fine (no errors in the conversion window), when we played back the converted footage, the frame rate was locked at 59.97 (in other words way too fast) while the audio was at the correct speed.

It's not a hugely big deal right now, as we can always go back to the two step process we used originally (and that you detailed), and maybe I'm just missing something obvious in the preferences, but it'd be nice to see this fixed a some point in a future build. Cheers again anyway.
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Segraves View Post
I've posted the workaround in the Windows Workflow\Troubleshooting section of the new support site:

http://support.cineform.com/entries/...t-working/edit
This workaround has unfortunately been necessary for several months now. Can we get this fixed anytime soon, or is it just a low priority? My point is, maybe instead of constantly working on adding features, you guys could stop to fix an existing feature that used to work. Simultaneous capture/convert was one of the reasons I bought the software.
Christopher Neville is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase