DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   CineForm Bought By GoPro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/493833-cineform-bought-gopro.html)

Ryan Gard March 30th, 2011 05:42 PM

CineForm Bought By GoPro

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Good luck guys, can't wait to see what you do in the future.

http://www.dvinfo.net/news/gopro-acquires-cineform.html

Henry Olonga March 30th, 2011 05:55 PM

re: CineForm Bought By GoPro

Wow - neither did I. Okay Gopro - I am sure you realise how HUGE this is - uuuuuuuuuh of course you do. If you want to make a killing - and I know you love to make miniature sized cameras - make a large sensor camera that records to cineform RAW and watch how the world will go crazy over it..............just a suggestion. One can dream.....

Chris Hurd March 30th, 2011 06:36 PM

Re: CineForm Bought By GoPro

Congrats to the CineForm crew, sure seems like a big step!

David Chilson March 30th, 2011 06:55 PM

That's nice but if we lose David Newman because he would rather spend his time on some island drinking an adult beverage with fruit in it as opposed to answering questions here, I'm gonna be ticked.

Axel Mertes March 30th, 2011 07:17 PM

Congratulations to CineForm and GoPro teams - thats a huge day for all of them.

Looking forward to future cooperation!

Cheers,
Axel

Chris Hurd March 30th, 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Chilson (Post 1633468)
if we lose David Newman because he would rather spend his time on some island drinking an adult beverage with fruit in it as opposed to answering questions here, I'm gonna be ticked.

He's got a laptop with a broadband card, so he can do both.

Serge Victorovich March 31st, 2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Olonga (Post 1633449)
Wow - neither did I. Okay Gopro - I am sure you realise how HUGE this is - uuuuuuuuuh of course you do. If you want to make a killing - and I know you love to make miniature sized cameras - make a large sensor camera that records to cineform RAW and watch how the world will go crazy over it..............just a suggestion. One can dream.....

Agree with Henry! Finally we can purchase affordable camera from GoPro with Cineform codec in hardware:)

Anmol Mishra March 31st, 2011 03:40 AM

Lets hope for that.. Maybe even a 3D camera with Cineform RAW.

Gary Brun March 31st, 2011 06:06 AM

Well I'm glad you never released the info yesterday as I wouldn't have believed it.
Any chance of discounts on GoPro stuff if you are a Cineform user?? :-)

Stephen Armour March 31st, 2011 07:04 AM

GoPro got a good deal! Cineform got a good deal!

May this marriage produce many powerful offspring and continue to empower video producers the world over.

We'll be anxious to see just where this all takes us. GoPro+Cineform is most certainly rattling some big cages now...

Jeff Baker March 31st, 2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Gard (Post 1633443)
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Good luck guys, can't wait to see what you do in the future.

GoPro Acquires Cineform at DVInfo.net

I guess I would have like to see Adobe or Apple (or Avid) get this technology so the codec could be integrated into one of their products. I have always found it hard to use cineform over the long run because of cross platform and editing on multiple system issues due the way it is licensed.

Junior Pascual March 31st, 2011 12:34 PM

Congratulations to Cineform! Looks like I'll definitely be adding to my current inventory of GoPro camera/accessories in the near future.

Floris van Eck March 31st, 2011 04:05 PM

Good april 1st joke or reality? Strange acquisition.

David Newman March 31st, 2011 04:32 PM

Not April 1st joke, Reality! It is not strange once you see what the two of us are going to create together.

Henry Olonga March 31st, 2011 05:14 PM

With Cineform's expertise in 3D and Gopro being able to make 3D cheap discrete and very portable - this looks like a match made in heaven David. I can see where you guys are going with this. I guess the chances of seeing Cineform licensed in other hardware products now diminishes to almost zero.

Good luck and happy for you guys