DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   PPro CS3 does not play cineform avi files converted from Canon mxf (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/494570-ppro-cs3-does-not-play-cineform-avi-files-converted-canon-mxf.html)

Trond Saetre April 14th, 2011 10:14 AM

PPro CS3 does not play cineform avi files converted from Canon mxf

A trouble ticket has been filed, but hopefully someone here could give a solution?

Last week I installed Cineform NeoHD to convert the MXF files from my Canon XF300, and then edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CS3.

The first few days, everything worked as it should. And I was able to edit the Cineform AVI-files without any problems at all.

But then, today I am not able to play any Cineform AVI-files anymore. Not within Premiere, and not when trying windows media player.
Well, within Premiere, when I hit "play", I get about 1 second of audio, and only a still frame of the video. Then it stops, and nothing more happens.

When everything worked fine, it appeared as if Premiere used ffdshow to play the Cineform files.
Now it seems like ffdshow does not start, or there might be an issue between ffdshow and the Cineform files or NeoHD.

Uninstalling ffdshow does not solve the problem.
Reinstalling latest version of ffdshow (tried both the x64 and the "regular" version) does not solve the problem.

My system:
Intel quad core 2,66GHz, 4GB ram, Geforce 8800M GTX
Notebook with 3 internal harddrives in raid-0, and 2 external harddrives (usb 2).
It does not matter which harddrives I use for the video files. Before this problem came, I could also successfully use the external harddrives.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Trond Saetre April 15th, 2011 10:39 AM

Re: PPro CS3 does not play cineform avi files converted from Canon mxf

A follow up:

Reinstalling NeoHD does not change anything. Still unable to edit or play any of the cineform avi-files.

Reinstalling Adobe Production Premium CS3 does not change anything.
Still unable to work with the cineform files in Premiere CS3.

Has anyone else experienced any similar problems?

David Newman April 15th, 2011 11:00 AM

We are all heading back from NAB. Please files a trouble ticket Support Center. A test that avoids anything ffdshow might have done to you system would be to use VirtualDub, a free tool that doesn't use DirectShow, see if that loads your AVIs.

Trond Saetre April 15th, 2011 11:22 AM

David, thank you.
I filed a trouble ticket yesterday.

Downloaded and tried VirtualDub now, and I was successfully able to play a Cineform avi file with VirtualDub.

ffdshow was uninstalled prior to reinstalling NeoHD and performing this test, and all references to ffdshow in windows registry was removed.

I guess this concludes that HDLink and NeoHD works as it should, and that ffdshow somehow has corrupted Premiere CS3 somehow.

Will try once more now to reinstall the Production Premium CS3 suite.
(Last time I did this, ffdshow was still installed on my system.)

Trond Saetre April 16th, 2011 03:10 AM

Update:

1. Made sure there are no traces of ffdshow on my computer as far as I can see, searched the windows registry too.
2. Uninstalled NeoHD
3. Reinstalling Adobe Production Premium CS3
4. Installing NeoHD again.

Tried with both 50i and 25p mxf source files to see if this made any differences.

No changes and the same problem exists. Premiere Pro CS3 is still unable to play the cineform avi-files.

Trond Saetre April 16th, 2011 06:14 AM

Update:

For some reason, if I now choose the preset called: XDCAM EX 1080p 25p HQ within Premiere CS3, I am now able to play the Cineform avi files.

But, if I use a Cineform preset (Prospect HD 1920x1080 25p), the problem still exists and I can not play any Cineform files.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this, so I will be able to use the Cineform presets within Premiere?