its gone all cheap.. not sure at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 19th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

its gone all cheap.. not sure

Sorry for the odd title

but is it just me or anyone else feel a bit miffed about spending loads of money on cineform products over the last few years only to see the product now reduced to small change?

I bought aspect-then upgraded that a few times-then prospect upgrade cost me loads- then paid for what seemed like a downgrade to neohd for cs5 compatability.....I know im moaning but this price change left me feeling a bit like a mug. Wow if I had paid the crazy money neo3d was last week I would be having palputations.

I know everything changes but cineform should give some recognition to those that invested heavily in their products.

I aint sure if I should be happy or angry or what...so sorry if im venting steam.
what do others feel?

EDIT - Ok I read cf site again and theyve now made neo a unified product with an 8k support n 4:4:4: + alpha channel...softens the shock a bit

Does the neo3d have same functionality with the 3d stuff also included? I dont use 3d but if neo3d has same functions as neo it could be worth the upgrade.
Craig Maret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: its gone all cheap.. not sure

not a week before...but I purchased neo 3d only a month ago and I feel stupid now..

I had to pay more than 4G on it. (tax, local distributor's price policy...etc..)

well..I wish I can get "studio professional" for upgrade..
Sejin Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:53 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have policies to make prior users happy. Assuming we didn't is weird, as we have always done well by our customers. NeoHD users should be happy with the extra features. Neo3D users get issued 3X the number of seats (we found most needed the extra licenses,) and for purchasers in March or April (really recent) get complete GoPro 3D camera rig, thanks to our new owners. Lower pricing helps everyone, more users with pro features will help drive wider support.
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #4
New Boot

That's what I exactly wanted.

I thought about extra licenses will be great but I didn't mentioned it because it might sounds ridicule.

I guess now I can edit both of my laptop and desktop, on location and on suite! Another great news and great customer support from Cineform.

Also, I was about to order GoPro 3D rig as well.. I'm pretty sure David read my mind.
Sejin Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Seems I can upgrade from Neoscene to NeoHD for $170.00...very tempting..... just a couple of months ago it was over $300...
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Major Player

I spent what for me is a lot of money on the Neo HD upgrade not too long ago. It seems that now there isn't a Neo HD per se, that the new product is now simply called Neo. Is there also an upgrade path from Neo HD to Neo 3D for those of us who have the higher amounts invested in this product? I don't need the 3d right now, but if the price is right I might upgrade anyway.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Regular Crew

You do feel like you got cheated a little bit, but that feeling goes away over time...
well, I'd still like to get back the Premier extra's that I lost the last time we did this...
thats when I paid $1500 for the software and it went down to $1000.. and now its down to $300 ??? Wow, just thinking what I could do with $1200 right about now...
I'm sure it'll all work out in the end....

Glad others will benefit from all of this...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Major Player

Doesn't bother me in the least, I made money with it and paid for the investment many times over.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:41 AM   #9
Major Player

I have no problems with that. If i have supported CineForm as a company by buying their products so they can survive and improve their products i am satisfied. :)
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wayne Groves View Post
Seems I can upgrade from Neoscene to NeoHD for $170.00...very tempting..... just a couple of months ago it was over $300...
Thanks for making me aware of this, exciting times for Cineform & all of us.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM   #11
Sponsor: CineForm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wayne Groves View Post
In upgrading from NeoScene to the new Neo (or Studio Premium), you're technically getting all the features from Neo4K too, which just a week ago was $999!
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:38 PM   #12
Sponsor: CineForm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston View Post
I spent what for me is a lot of money on the Neo HD upgrade not too long ago. It seems that now there isn't a Neo HD per se, that the new product is now simply called Neo. Is there also an upgrade path from Neo HD to Neo 3D for those of us who have the higher amounts invested in this product? I don't need the 3d right now, but if the price is right I might upgrade anyway.
Your existing Neo HD version 5 license will freely upgradeable to Neo 5.5. If you don't need the 3D features yet, its business as usual for you. Just install the 5.5 update when it becomes available. As a Neo HD version 5 customer, you won't even need to reactivate the software. Your existing Neo HD version 5 serial number will work with Neo 5.5 (Studio Premium).

Neo 4K customers will need new serial numbers... but that's a topic for another thread.
Old April 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
We have policies to make prior users happy. Assuming we didn't is weird, as we have always done well by our customers. NeoHD users should be happy with the extra features. Neo3D users get issued 3X the number of seats (we found most needed the extra licenses,) and for purchasers in March or April (really recent) get complete GoPro 3D camera rig, thanks to our new owners. Lower pricing helps everyone, more users with pro features will help drive wider support.
Dave,

I am currently using Neo4K. I know you guys are still finalizing branding and pricing. If we were to upgrade to Neo3D now (I believe this will eventually become Cineform Studio Professional), would we also be eligible to get a complete GoPro 3D camera rig plus extra license (it's still April)?
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I believe the free camera offer is only for those who purchased Neo4K in March and early April before the merger was finale, if you purchased Neo4K in Jan or Feb of 2011 you can still try and make a case, but it is going to be hard, any buyers before 2011 are out of luck ....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Well it's a worth shot to ask... I see no benefit to upgrade to 3D without some gear to make use of it. I guess I'll just wait and see what the final lineup will be and if at all any promotions and deals they might offer.
James Park is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase