DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   NEOplayer - FCP editing without green bars/watermarks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/495430-neoplayer-fcp-editing-without-green-bars-watermarks.html)

Justin Lovell May 4th, 2011 01:35 PM

NEOplayer - FCP editing without green bars/watermarks

Is it possible to edit in FCP using neoplayer?

I thought there was a way to setup your FCP settings so it would not render to cineform.

however any effect that is placed on the timeline requires a render - which forces the green lines across the image.

Anyone have any suggestions to be able to work with FCP and not have the green lines, using neoplayer? Is it possible??

thanks!

David Newman May 4th, 2011 03:02 PM

Re: NEOplayer - FCP editing without green bars/watermarks

Not will NeoPlayer, however it will be possible shortly with the next release of GoPro CineForm Studio (a free tool -- way better than NeoPlayer.)

Link to the download CineForm Studio: Software Download

The current version, 1.0.0 still has the watermarks (green lines) but 1.0.1 should not.

Justin Lovell May 4th, 2011 09:54 PM

great!

I look forward to that release.

I will wait for it before installing 1.0, as the green line issue is the one feature that my clients are waiting for..!

I was just about to switch over to using the AVID dnxhd codec after many frustrated clients.. I hope this works out! Trying hard to convince people to stick with cineform....!

John Reeve May 7th, 2011 03:22 PM

Hey Justin,

What about changing User Preferences -> Render Control - > Codec:
to ProRes 422

I know this might only work with the source material listed in FCP (XDCAm etc...) but its worth a try.

-John

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Lovell (Post 1645796)
great!

I look forward to that release.

I will wait for it before installing 1.0, as the green line issue is the one feature that my clients are waiting for..!

I was just about to switch over to using the AVID dnxhd codec after many frustrated clients.. I hope this works out! Trying hard to convince people to stick with cineform....!

Justin Lovell May 7th, 2011 03:29 PM

thanks john.. doesnt work though. for preview renders (alt /) it works- it uses the prores 422, but for seeing a render (command r) it forces the render to use the sequence settings (cineform-green lines).

david-any idea how soon the gopro studio release is away?
just shot a short film on si2k and they are going to start editing (but the are asking me to transcode have to prores for their requirements unless this release is available in time)

grrrr, frustrating editor demands..