New versions released for Mac and PC. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 19th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New versions released for Mac and PC.

Neo series is now at version 5.5.1

Added: Support for Technicolor CineStyle(TM) with the workspace controls in FirstLight
Added: Support for Sony S-Log curve with the workspace controls in FirstLight.
Restored: Side-by-side 3D performance (back to 50% faster.)
Fixed: Blackmagic capture mode names in HDLink.
Fixed: Framing controls for 444 decodes at half resolution.
Fixed: some minor bugs.

to read more on how the workspace curve work CineForm Insider: Curves - CineStyle and S-Log, a workflow choice.

Download the latest software from Cineform for updates and trails.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: New versions released for Mac and PC.

I'm not sure if this is coincidental or not. The Cineform VFW codec never showed up for capturing for me in VDub. For some reason, with the new build, now it does. And it works.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 08:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

David,

Thanks for setting us straight on the Workspace input/output solution in your blog...
I had been wondering about that.

Is there a way to make the settings sticky... as it is now, every time I open First Light I need to set the input/output in Workspace....would be nice to not have to do that each time...

Next question... after installing the new version there are now two Luts listed for Cinestyle...

there is " Cinestyle " and there is " CstyleLUT ".... are these the same LUTs, just different spelling ???

I would guess that we should be using Cstyle for input/output for the workspace and CstyleLUT for the Look (3DLUT), if we are shooting with the Cinestyle camera settings....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:04 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The workspace settings are sticky per clip, just like all the other parameters for color and framing. Defaults for a new clip is a different issue, something we will think about.

You likely installed a CineStyle.look manually, that is why you have two. Delete that look. We install CStyleLUT automatically now.

I explained in the blog that you don't really need the LUT, and its better not to use it and just use the workspace curves (Encode - CStyle, Decode - Video Gamma.)
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Major Player

On HD Link, under the convert tab, when you choose "Select Folder", HD Link remembers the last folder used and opens a typical Windows navigation window which shows Recent Places, Desktop (etc) on the left side of the window.

When you click on the Prefs button and choose a Capture Location, HD Link displays a different window, and it doesn't remember the last folder used, so you have to scroll to "Computer" and browse down the folder hierarchy from there. Really annoying!

If I'm working on several projects, they're most likely on the same drive, and quite probably somewhere in the same folder hierachy.

It would be REALLY nice if the two folder browser windows used the same GUI... the one currently used for browsing to the Capture folder.

I know it's been asked for before, and we were told that section was due for a rewrite. But that was over a year ago.

How about it?
Julian Frost is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase