DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   First Light Changes not showing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/496173-first-light-changes-not-showing.html)

Garrett Low May 20th, 2011 11:27 AM

First Light Changes not showing

I'm using Vegas Pro 9 with NeoHD and First Light. I make adjustments in First Light and can see them on my monitor when viewing in Vegas. Then I go to render and the changes aren't made. When rendering it give a No Recompression Required not on my screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Garrett

David Newman May 20th, 2011 11:28 AM

Re: First Light Changes not showing

You must recompress if use FirstLight changes when rendering within Vegas.

P.S. You should upgrade you NeoHD to Neo 5.5.

Garrett Low May 20th, 2011 11:39 AM

Thanks David, I already did upgrade. I still think of it as NeoHD. How do I force a recompress in Vegas? When I encoded the files I used the I-Frame only for smart rendering in Vegas. Now I can't figure out how to make the file recompress.

-Garrett

David Newman May 20th, 2011 11:55 AM

"Options" menu -> Preferences in the General tab uncheck "Enable no-recompression long-GOP rendering"
that should fix it.

Garrett Low May 20th, 2011 12:05 PM

I tried that. It still was not recompressing. Could it be because I had clicked I-Frame only when converting to CF avi's?

-Garrett

David Newman May 20th, 2011 12:22 PM

Question for Sony I guess, as that used to work (or something like it.)

Or

simply place a NOP filter on the video output, use the "Reset to None" convolution kernel.

Garrett Low May 20th, 2011 12:47 PM

Thanks David.

Chris Barcellos May 20th, 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Low (Post 1651162)
I tried that. It still was not recompressing. Could it be because I had clicked I-Frame only when converting to CF avi's?

-Garrett

Same issue for me with Vegas. I have had to add a filter to get it to recompress. (Note: This is in Pro 10)

Chris Barcellos June 4th, 2011 09:35 PM

Interesting new development. I completed edit of a film I had shot with my Canon 5D Mark II. I had shot it with the Cinestyle picture style. I converted the footage to Cineform using Neo 5.5. In FirstLight, I added the new Cinestyle treatment. I then edited the footage and finalized my film project in Vegas 10d. I rendered final version to a new .avi using the Cineform codec.

I then opened that rendered file in FirstLight, to see if I could add a different color treatment. While Firstlight saw the file, any changes I tried to make would not take.

I then took that file into HDLink, and converted it to another Cineform .avi. After rendering, I took that file into FirstLight, and I was able to subject it to all the adjustments available in First Light.

David Newman June 5th, 2011 10:58 AM

You should be able use FirstLight on Vegas CineForm exports, I just retested here and it works fine. Send the offending clip to support@cineform.com. If it is too large, use VirtualDub to do a direct stream copy of 1 seconds worth (confirm it still fails) and send that.