Aspect HD v3.3 is now available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD v3.3 is now available

Now that the new JVC camera is showing up in different parts of the world, we have released a new version of Aspect HD for Premiere Pro. Aspect HD 3.3 adds JVC ProHD support (camera and deck) along we a range of other enhancements to the Aspect HD product line. Version 3.3 is free upgrade to all Aspecrt HD users. Read more about Aspect HD here : http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm

P.S. Connect HD was with through a upgrade to v1.9. See http://www.cineform.com/products/ConnectHD.htm for details.
Old August 25th, 2005, 10:01 AM   #2
New Boot

Where is 1280 x 720 25P...?

Just installed the Cineform 3.3 plug in and I can't find a preset for 1280 x 720 25P. Wasn't it supposed to be supported in this release or have I missunderstood something?

I do have presets for the other new formats and it seems like I can capture the media 1280 x 720 25P in HDLink and play it back in a "home made" preset in PPro 1.51.

What's the deal?

Regards,

Max Hagelstam
Old August 25th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #3
Trustee

I just installed 3.3 - all of the Cineform presets were missing, and there is a new one under Custom for "strange codec" and one for "Weird Audio".

But no Cineform presets. What a pain.

And the version on the splash screen still says 3.2 not 3.3 - but if I try to reinstall 3.3 it asks if I want to remove 3.3

So I finally had to go into Windows setup and remove it myself. Then installing it brought back the Cineform presets - but left the two very odd looking custom presets. And the splash screen still says 3.2 - but the HDLink splash is OK.
Old August 25th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Maybe something was wonky with the installer. When I ran it the first time in obliterated Aspect 3.2. When I ran it again it installed 3.3, and everything seems to work okay. I haven't had the chance to do a lot of testing though.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #5
Regular Crew

While we have not personally experienced any strange installation malfunctions or side effects, we do have a way to guarantee that your software is properly installed. It's a bit lengthy, but effective:

1. Uninstall Aspect HD and/or Connect HD

• For Aspect HD users, uninstall ALL versions of Adobe Premiere. For Premiere Pro, select a standard uninstall, which will leave your Premiere Pro activation information intact.

2. Remove 'CineForm HD VFW Codec' from Add/Remove Programs

3. Check C:\Program Files to see if there is a 'CineForm' directory present. If there is, delete it.

• For Aspect HD users, check C:\Program Files\Adobe to see if a Premiere directory is present. If you have had multiple versions installed, you may see a ‘Premiere 6.5’ ‘Premiere 7.0’ and/or ‘Premiere Pro 1.5’ directories. Be sure you do not have any important project files inside these directories, and then delete them.

4. Check C:\Program Files\Common Files to see if a 'CineForm' or 'Moonlight' directory is present. If either of them are there, delete them.

5. Click on the 'Start' button

6. Select 'Run'

7. Type 'regedit' and click 'Ok'

8. Open 'Hkey_Local_Machine'

9. Under ‘Heky_Local_Machine’ open 'Software'

10. If a 'CineForm' folder is present, delete it.

11. Open 'Hkey_Current_User'

12. Under ‘Hkey_Current_User’ open 'Software'

13. If you see a 'CineForm' folder, delete it.

14. For Aspect HD users, install Adobe Premiere Pro

• For Premiere Pro 1.5 users, install the 1.5.1 update which is available from the adobe website.

15. Download the latest version of your CineForm Product from the CineForm website.

16. Install your CineForm Product.

The splash screen within Premiere SHOULD update to 3.3; if not, there was likely a problem during installation and may cause some undesired behavior (including presets) within Premiere. We have recently updated the installer, and it seems to be much "happier" when the previous versions have already been uninstalled.

There is not currently support for 25p yet, but it will be considered for a future release.
Old August 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM   #6
Trustee

Thanks Tim. If I have problems with my system, I will go back and follow the steps. In the meantime, it looks like everything is working. It is just the odd splash screen that bothers me a bit.

Thanks for the great support, as always.
Old August 26th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #7
AJA Video Systems

Installer Problems

Steven,

Based on your description, I wonder if you are involved in any Adobe Beta testing. If you are, this might explain the installation failure. There are entries in the windows registry that are made by premiere which our installer uses to decide where to put the plug ins. If your last Premiere install was a version OTHER than 1.5(.1) then our installer will see the 'plugins' location incorrectly and install to the wrong spot.

Based on your description, this sounds like what may have happened to you.

Thad
Old August 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM   #8
Trustee

I see. Interesting point. Of course I could not tell you if I was or was not involved in any such trial. But point well taken.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase