DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   AVIs not Recognized in Vegas Pro 10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/496632-avis-not-recognized-vegas-pro-10-a.html)

Harry Simpson May 31st, 2011 03:34 PM

AVIs not Recognized in Vegas Pro 10

I've happily used Cineform HDLink 1.6.0 Build 140 with Vegas Studio HD 10. First bringing the Cineform converted files into the Trimmer and then onto the timeline. but I upgraded to Sony Pro 10d and it acts like the Cineform AVI is not an acceptable file - what gives?

David Newman May 31st, 2011 03:52 PM

Re: AVIs not Recognized in Vegas Pro 10

Vegas 10 dropped VideoForWindows support for CineForm files as they now use the CineForm SDK exclusively (Sony's choice.) While this is better performance and quality, you are required to have an update product (something that came out after 10.0a.) Either upgrade to 5.0 of NeoScene ($49), or is you are want to get free support, download GoPro CineForm Studio (CineForm Studio: Software Download) it should make Vegas 10 work again.

Dustin Moore May 31st, 2011 04:52 PM

Sony messed something up in 10 at some point.

If I take EX1 mxf files and convert them to cineform avi's, the audio doesn't show up
in Vegas. Cineform tech support looked into it and the avi files work fine in all the
other NLEs so there's not much they can do. Vegas tech support hasn't looked at
my ticket in the 14 days it has been siting in the queue so I don't know if there is
an easy fix. I doubt there is.

I have the feeling that nobody at sony tests the cineform stuff after they change the
code so it is really hit or miss if you depend on this functionality.

Harry Simpson May 31st, 2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1654482)
you are required to have an update product (something that came out after 10.0a.)

I'm using Vegas Pro 10.0d and it doesnt work. Or do i need to reinstall Cineform?

David Newman May 31st, 2011 08:58 PM

You need a version of CineForm that was released after 10.0a. You need both tools to be new, the NeoScene you have is Vegas 9 vintage.

Harry Simpson May 31st, 2011 09:11 PM

Thanks David

<<download GoPro CineForm Studio (CineForm Studio: Software Download) it should make Vegas 10 work again.
>>

The sofdtware download above doesn't work so I suppose I need to buy the upgrade for $49.

Art Varga May 31st, 2011 09:25 PM

David - you mention $49 for the upgrade to v5. Your website shows the price as $80. Am I missing a promotion or something?

David Newman May 31st, 2011 09:36 PM

It is $80 off $129, i.e. $49.

Harry Simpson May 31st, 2011 09:46 PM

Got the update and tried to activate it according to directions and sent a reply email with my old serial number to verify I wasn't a cheat and get an Officve is Currently Closed Ticket #2158 email instead of my activation key. Arg!!
So I have one question but I'll assume an answer and then no problems.

Thanks for all your help.

Harry Simpson June 7th, 2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1654482)
Vegas 10 dropped VideoForWindows support for CineForm files as they now use the CineForm SDK exclusively (Sony's choice.) While this is better performance and quality, you are required to have an update product (something that came out after 10.0a.) Either upgrade to 5.0 of NeoScene ($49),

So I've upgraded Cineform. Do I still need to go the HDLink and convert my MOV files to AVIs before editing in Vegas Pro 10d (when it's not crashing)?

David Newman June 7th, 2011 02:35 PM

If you want to use CineForm files then yes.