DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HD Link Problem EOS5d mark II (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/496668-hd-link-problem-eos5d-mark-ii.html)

Ffritz Arn June 1st, 2011 03:21 PM

HD Link Problem EOS5d mark II

Hi

I am a long time cineform user and I just upgraded from a good working Neo 4K to the new NEO 5.5 latest build. I became a new serial number and activated the software without a problem.
But now I have a big problem: HD Link does the conversion of the EOS5d mark II files different than before.
The files with 30p it converts but with a timecode error, before it converted them to 29.97, this is gone. The 25p frames it converts as well without an error. Both types of files could be imported into CS3 like before but the playback is not working anymore. If I import the old already converted files it workes. How can I go back to the old software. Or will this soon be corrected?

Please, I need help.

Best regards.

Fritz

Charles W. Hull June 1st, 2011 07:51 PM

Re: HD Link Problem EOS5d mark II

Yes, I noticed the timecode error on the older 5DMkII 30p files with Neo. I haven't tried them in PPro yet. One of us should submit a trouble ticket.

Ffritz Arn June 2nd, 2011 02:03 AM

Thanks alot for the answer. I really have a problem now because nothing converted from cineform I can playback in PPro CS3, 30p or 25p from my EOS 5d mkII. So I think I have to open a trouble ticket. But my english is not so well. I hope, that I can explain it right. Maybe others with the same problem. I am stucked now with my projects because I have to convert still alot of footage.

Charles W. Hull June 2nd, 2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ffritz Arn (Post 1654870)
Thanks alot for the answer. I really have a problem now because nothing converted from cineform I can playback in PPro CS3, 30p or 25p from my EOS 5d mkII. So I think I have to open a trouble ticket. But my english is not so well. I hope, that I can explain it right. Maybe others with the same problem. I am stucked now with my projects because I have to convert still alot of footage.

It will be several days before I can work on this - if you are stuck you should submit a ticket right away - your English is okay.

Ffritz Arn June 3rd, 2011 02:00 PM

Hi

I opened a ticket on cineform support.

Charles W. Hull June 6th, 2011 09:30 PM

I took a look at early vintage 5DMkII files with Neo 5.5.1.

These early 5DMkII files had the issue that they were recorded at 30.00 instead of 29.97, and Cineform had the nice ability to convert them to 29.97, and to change the audio to also conform to 29.97. But the current Neo doesn't do this; instead it gives an error "Timecode read failed. Resulting file may not have correct timecode."

These converted files remain unchanged at 30.00, and they lose their audio track. If a rate change is selected (29.97 is not available) the rate is changed but the clips still lose their audio track.

These AVI files work okay with FirstLight. I run PPro CS5.5 and the files run in that NLE okay; I can borrow the audio track from the original MOV file and edit with the files - the only issue is the slight frame rate difference from newer 29.97 files.

But Fritz's experience is these files won't play in CS3. I'll also write up a trouble ticket.

David Newman June 7th, 2011 12:32 AM

The issues with old pre-firmware upgraded 5D clips will be fixed in the next release.

Ffritz Arn June 7th, 2011 06:02 AM

I have files recorded with the canon eos5d mark II with the older firmware (1.0.0) and with the newest (2.0.9) which give me the ability to record with 25p.

Everything (30p or 25p) that I convert in NEO4K I can import into PPro CS3 and the playback is OK. As well the 30p files are converted to 29.97 and audio is adapted. For converting I use always HDLink.

When I convert the same files (30p or 25p) in Neo5.5 latest build, I can import them into PPro CS3 but the playback is not working. I can only hear the audio but the picture stays on the first picture. As well there is the timecode error message in the log of the HDLink conversion.

Additionaly after the Neo5.5 install I cannot playback image sequences of PNG stills after rendering. Before I had no problems like this. When I reinstall NEO4K the conversion in HDLink is OK but the playback of image sequences not.

If I import the mov files from the camera directly into PPro CS3 in the apropriate CineForm Preset and do the convert from there (make movie) then it always works. With theese files the playback is OK.

I opened already a ticket and cineform support is in contact with me.

Ffritz Arn July 21st, 2011 03:45 AM

So I installed the lastest build of NEO 5.5 (5.5.2.326).
The conversion from HD Link is OK for 25p and 30p files (EOS 5d mark II).
The playback is still not working for 25 and 29.97, the files are showed and they can be scrubbed but they don't play after klicking the play button. I had a support ticket for this but it's closed for now. Cineform told me to use the desktop mode for editing and this is working well, but the first light changes can't be seen because there is another render engine showing the files not the cineform one. What's your workflow?
I use Premiere Pro CS3.

Best regards.

Fritz

Charles W. Hull July 21st, 2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ffritz Arn (Post 1668817)
So I installed the lastest build of NEO 5.5 (5.5.2.326).
The conversion from HD Link is OK for 25p and 30p files (EOS 5d mark II).
The playback is still not working for 25 and 29.97, the files are showed and they can be scrubbed but they don't play after klicking the play button. I had a support ticket for this but it's closed for now. Cineform told me to use the desktop mode for editing and this is working well, but the first light changes can't be seen because there is another render engine showing the files not the cineform one. What's your workflow?
I use Premiere Pro CS3.

The update works for me with old EOS 5DII files. I run Premiere Pro CS5.5.

Ffritz Arn July 22nd, 2011 10:23 AM

Maybe this is a problem only with PP CS3...