Urgent advice or help for high school project. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 15th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Urgent advice or help for high school project.

Hello David, or anyone else who can assist. Due to urgency and me being tied up at my workplace here is the email which describes the problem. I will amplify when I get home. In meantime any advice will be greatly appreciated as the student editor and her teacher know about this post. The project below was shot on my SI2K which I loaned to the high school along with lights. They have a deadline to meet tomorrow and it will be a big pity if they miss out because they did a damn good job on it.

I use PC, the High School uses a Mac with FCP on it.

Hello again ********.

This is a new problem for me. It might be a Mac computer thing.

You could try the 30day trial. I did not know you could re-encode in Cineform. Give it a try. If this does not work please ring me on ********** or at home on *********. If all else fails, I will give cineform a ring tonight and see if I can get a temporary transfer of my licence to your machine or find another fix. If it is unfixable, I will bring my machine up tomorrow and see if I can get an edit decision list from your machine and conform on mine. I will do some enquiring as soon as I get home from here ( workplace ).

Sorry to hear about the problem. I will also pop this straght up to dvinfo.net less the email addresses to see if someone comes up with an answer more quickly.

Regards.

Bob Hart.

To: ******@yahoo.com
Cc: @hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2011 2:18 PM
Subject: Smarter Than Smoking, CineForm

Hello Bob,

It's ******** from Smarter Than Smoking. The film is due tomorrow (Friday) and we've come across a problem with CineForm. Whenever i adjust speed or colour on the footage, a watermark of Cineform comes up. Also, when i exported it as a Quicktime, the watermark was in the whole advertisment even when i hadn't adjusted it.
So i'm just wondering if you know any way to get rid of the watermark; do you think if we download the 30-day trial of Cineform it will go away?

Cheers,

Roleystone District High School

Last edited by Bob Hart; September 15th, 2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: mask emails and confinfo
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Urgent advice or help for high school project.

I don't use Cineform, but it sounds like they are using a trial version right now. Trials are often fully functional but watermark the footage. If they are using a trial version, they need to purchase a license to get rid of the watermark and activate the software (in whatever manner CiniForm uses--serial number, online authorization, etc.). If they already have the licensed version and have taken all necessary steps to activate the software, they should call CiniForm for help.
Kevin Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #3
Sponsor: CineForm

You will get a watermark with an expired CineForm trial. Contact support (at) cineform.com and we'll get the trial extended for you... or uninstall Neo (or whatever you had installed) and install the free GoPro CineForm Studio application from GoPro.com. That will give you unwatermarked 4:2:2 GoPro CineForm encoding ability.

Any more problems or questions... email me at support.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Jake. Thanks for that. My power is out at home so I am on the school's Mac presently. Will try the GoPro studio route for a start and see how we get on.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Postscript to the posts above.

The teacher in charge of overseeing the students at Roleystone District High School's "Smarter Than Smoking" contest project has advised me recently it finished up well. I am advised they took out two of the main awards of the awards evening; best filming and best overall advert! Good finish all up.

Their ad will apparently be presented in some of the local cinemas and be part of an ongoing anti-smoking campaign.

They shot on the SI2K in DVR2.0, used camera audio for synctrack for some shots and slated for double-system for others. They recorded audio to Zoom H4n digital recorders using Rode NTG3 mikes.

So thanks folks for your inputs.

Last edited by Bob Hart; November 27th, 2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase