Converting a project to Cineform at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 19th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Converting a project to Cineform

I am to get an edited feature for color correction & FX. Original footage was shot on AF 100 and edited natively in Premier CS5. I will get the CS5 project. I want to transcode everything to Cineform before CC & FX. Is there a way to convert the entire edit to Cineform without doing it manually.

Thanks.
Old September 28th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Converting a project to Cineform

Hi Maheel,

do I undstand you right:

You want to transcode all used clips in the project to CineForm, so you can continue to work in CineForm format rather than anything else you used so far?

I am not aware of a method available out of the box right now, but we have for instance internal tools that help automating things like this.

Maybe your best choice is to export your final edit as CineForm and move that into color correction stage then. The problem is clearly round tripping, but that will always be a bit complicated if you go back to editing.

I honestly see no real benefit if you have a picture lock, why you should't start with the original project and just export the stream for the grading.

Axel
Axel Mertes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Converting a project to Cineform

Have them run Project Manager and remove all unused footage from the project. You can also have them trim down handles as well. That way you're only getting footage that was used.
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase