How long does it usually take to get activation key? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 14th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #1
Major Player

How long does it usually take to get activation key?

I submitted the form about 12 hours ago but still have not recieved the key.

I bought & paid for NeoScene through B&H a week ago and still have not been able to use it. The trial periord has ended. I need HELP PLEASE!

Thanks
Tim
Old October 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #2
New Boot

Re: How long does it usually take to get activation key?

Go to their support web site and file a trouble ticket and they usually respond fairly quickley back with an email responce. I think the link below should take you to the support site.
CineForm Support : Submit a request for assistance
John Chalmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Major Player

I had a bit of a problem with a Neo3D purchase last week. The problem was that I could receive a challenge code, but not the follow up serial number to complete the process.

What I was doing wrong was to not fill out the web page that pops up after you hit "submit". I was buying the Mac version and the page was asking me for a Windows machine ID#, but (and I didn't read this) it will also take the challenge code in that box. Just don't click where it says Mac users click here if you are doing it for Mac.

If it's for Windows, then I found the Cineform sales people were able to authorize it over the phone but it took some time to reach them as the main number connects you to the GoPro people who now own Cineform and you have to ask to be connected to the Cineform sales people.

Hope any of this helps.
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Major Player

I had a bit of a problem with a Neo3D purchase last week. The problem was that I could receive a challenge code, but not the follow up serial number to complete the process.

What I was doing wrong was to not fill out the web page that pops up after you hit "submit". I was buying the Mac version and the page was asking me for a Windows machine ID#, but (and I didn't read this) it will also take the challenge code in that box. Just don't click where it says Mac users click here if you are doing it for Mac.

I can't speak to a Windows installation, but I found the Cineform sales people were able to authorize it over the phone but it took some time to reach them as the main number connects you to the GoPro people who now own Cineform and you have to ask to be connected to the Cineform sales people.

Hope any of this helps, and sorry for the double post
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks John and Bruce. It is for windows and I filed a trouble ticket at the same time I posted here but haven't heard back.

UPDATE: Just got email with key, maybe all is well.

UPDATE #2: key does not work!!

UPDATE #3: My bad,was putting in whole name instead of just first.

Last edited by Tim Akin; October 14th, 2011 at 09:28 PM. Reason: update #3
Tim Akin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase