DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Scene with Sony Vegas Pro 11 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/502059-neo-scene-sony-vegas-pro-11-a.html)

Jason Goldberg October 27th, 2011 09:58 AM

Neo Scene with Sony Vegas Pro 11

I bought Neo Scene for use with Sony Vegas Pro 9, and the two products worked well together. Things seemed less seemless with the upgrade to Sony Vegas 10, and now I'm getting ready to move to Sony Vegas 11.

Are there any plans to update Neo Scene?

Roy Feldman October 27th, 2011 06:37 PM

Re: Neo Scene with Sony Vegas Pro 11

Cineform and Vegas 11 64bit have been a horror story for me so far

John Cline October 28th, 2011 06:17 AM

I'm running NEO and Vegas-64 v11 with no problems.

Roy Feldman November 1st, 2011 06:33 AM

Mr. Cline, as he has pointed out in another forum, seems to live a charmed life when it comes to Vegas.
I,on the other hand, have Cineform files blackout at certain time during renders and get only about a 20% success rate when rendering to CF from inside vegas.(without black frames)
This does happen with other source material, but not often.
Since my CF material works flawlessly in Lightworks I think that most of the blame falls on Sony, I do hope that the new (just weeks away according to an email I got) CF software will play nicer with Sony. I love Firstlight and the ability to add slo-mo to original clips.
As it is now I have to rerender the CF files in Virtual Dub after adding the Firstlight correction to get a 'safe' intermediate.

David Newman November 1st, 2011 05:13 PM

As "This does happen with other source material, ..." there is nothing we can do. We have no insight into this internal Vegas error, and we are not making any changes to address this. So please work with Sony to find a solution.

However, if there is anything we can do to address this, we will -- so Sony if you find anything we can do, let us know.

Brad Miller November 2nd, 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Feldman (Post 1692949)
Mr. Cline, as he has pointed out in another forum, seems to live a charmed life when it comes to Vegas.
I,on the other hand, have Cineform files blackout at certain time during renders and get only about a 20% success rate when rendering to CF from inside vegas.(without black frames)
This does happen with other source material, but not often.
Since my CF material works flawlessly in Lightworks I think that most of the blame falls on Sony, I do hope that the new (just weeks away according to an email I got) CF software will play nicer with Sony. I love Firstlight and the ability to add slo-mo to original clips.
As it is now I have to rerender the CF files in Virtual Dub after adding the Firstlight correction to get a 'safe' intermediate.

I'm having the same problem. Random clips in my video are blacked out in the final render. The audio plays, but the video is black. I even try using Vegas 10 instead of Vegas 11. Same problem.

It's all 1080p 30fps Cineform avi footage shot on a HMC-150.

Tim Akin November 6th, 2011 06:27 PM

Happens to me too in pro10. I figured out it only happened after I had be working in the project for a while and then went straight to render the mpeg. Now I make sure I close the project and then re-open to render, not the way it should be, but it works.

Marc Salvatore November 9th, 2011 09:16 AM

Same problem here with clips randomly going black during renders.

Steve Boutin January 1st, 2012 06:03 PM

I have the same problem also. I also have this problem with After Effects. I recently converted to Win 7 64 bit. 12gig ram. I've never had the random black frame problem before with either Vegas or AE, it seemed to happen since I started using the cineform codec from GoPro.I have been working on this problem for a week now (that's how I ended up here from google) believe me, we're not the only ones with this problem.

David Newman January 1st, 2012 09:39 PM

The Vegas issue is outside of the CineForm codec, this has been confirmed mulitple times. In Vegas one theory is the black frames are due to a bug in the frame cache, as if I set the frame video cache sizes to 0MB, no more black frames (in playback, not sure about renders -- worth a try.)

Steve, The only thing different about your statement is AE, are have no reports of this or random black frames in AE -- this has to be unrelated as Vegas does it all on its own with other codecs. If you can confirm an AE issue, you need to contact support@cineform.com so they can investigate.

Hannu Korpinen January 2nd, 2012 10:45 AM

Thank you David!
I changed Dynamic RAM Preview max (MB): 0 and tested a project that caused earlier black frames but no more.
Testing more and hoping the best...

Roy Feldman January 3rd, 2012 07:17 AM

Please keep us posted with your results

Gerald Webb January 3rd, 2012 10:37 PM

If thats true, about Dynamic ram to 0, fixing this, THAT IS MASSIVE.
I had just about given up on Cineform (which was killing me, I love First Light).
I just havent got the time to go through 3 hrs of footage with match sticks holding my eyes open to check for random black frames. It would be better if the render failed than have a few black frames in there.

Roy Feldman January 5th, 2012 04:04 PM

Seemed to help but got one black frame issue, save>shut down>reopen>it worked.
I loved first light but this is painful, going to 5dtoRGB

David Newman January 5th, 2012 04:45 PM

No need to switch, we've been working with Sony and believe we have fixed it. Beta testing now. Public beta in a few days.