DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Black Bar in GoPro Hero2 footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/502252-black-bar-gopro-hero2-footage.html)

Ray Bell November 2nd, 2011 01:10 PM

Black Bar in GoPro Hero2 footage

Just got a Gopro Hero2 last night... and was just testing the footage in Cineform NEO.. vs 5.5.4 and what I'm seeing in the converted file(s) is a small black bar on the lower left hand corner... the bar is vertical, small rectangle...

Anybody else seeing this.. or know how to fix it...

David Newman November 2nd, 2011 03:06 PM

Re: Black Bar in GoPro Hero2 footage

I'm not seeing that on my Hero2 (aren't they cool?)

Are you sure you don't have a metadata overlay active? Please send a screen grab to support.

David

P.S. Also check the clip in VirtualDub.

Mark Pavy November 2nd, 2011 08:27 PM

Ray, I know what you're talking about, I've had it for months, haven't bothered to notify David and Jake because it doesn't come out in the final render. I know it displays in FirstLight, not sure about Premiere (possibly, can't remember) but when I render out to a delivery codec (H.264) it's not there. I don't think it's anything to do with your GoPro2.

Ray Bell November 4th, 2011 01:50 PM

Tried it on three different computers... I see the bar on two of them... even when I rendered the file... my main system does not have the issue.. but all 3 computers see a timecode error during the processing if you watch the log during the processing of the file... ??

Ray Bell November 6th, 2011 01:38 PM

forgot to mention that this was on the new build of software... 5.56 build 338...

not sure what was changed with this version as there are no release notes on the site...

Mark Pavy November 6th, 2011 06:22 PM

Hi Ray,

I did at bit more checking and found that the vertical black bar only displays when I have the 'Overlay Metadata" ticked in FirstLight, I'm using the previous version prior to the latest. Good Luck.

Ray Bell November 7th, 2011 10:50 AM

interesting... I haven't even tried the first light with the GoPro footage... I'll check it and see if its the culprit...

are you getting the time code error during HDlink conversions??? I'm not sure what that does but I wouldn't think that it should be that way... I see the time code error on all computers...

Jake Segraves November 7th, 2011 03:49 PM

The black rectangle in the bottom corner is definitely a note overlay that was mistakenly added in First Light's Burn-in Controls panel. You can either turn off overlays in general, or go into First Light and manually remove the Note. Email support if you need further assistance.

Ray Bell November 8th, 2011 12:07 PM

Thanks Jake... I converted a new test vid and your right... it was that FirstLight has the overlay checked.

Checking the overlay off and the black bar goes away..

should we be concerned that the HDlink log shows a time error during conversion?? I can't see any ill effects but now sure what its reporting either...