Removing cineform?! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 19th, 2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Trustee

Removing cineform?!

I've installed a trial of cineforms'software and now it won't get uninstalled. I uninstalled it using the control panel on windows but the "Cineform Active Metadata Status Viewer" keeps poping up along with my regular start up boot up items. I've deleted all cineform related registries and deleted the folder from the start up boot programas and it it still there. When I do an MSCONFIG and try to uncheck it from the start up items it checks it self back again when I hit "apply". This is insane!

Does anyone know how can I remove this??
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Re: Removing cineform?!

We don't do anything weird with that component, but your system is certainly make it seem evil and almost self aware. The regular uninstall normally removes it. It is stored with everythink else in C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm (it is in the tools folder.) It is added to the startup in the simpliest way possible (non-evil), there is a shortcut in Start->All Programs->Startup. I would run a virus scan on your system, you my might have a highjacker using a convenient EXE.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase