DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HD Link version 5.6 not able to convert files from GH2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/504038-hd-link-version-5-6-not-able-convert-files-gh2.html)

Tyson Persall January 2nd, 2012 09:21 PM

HD Link version 5.6 not able to convert files from GH2

HI, I am running version 5.6, and all files from GH2 will not convert to CineformHD. Gives errors.
If i go back to version 5.0.0 it will convert them. I am having to run a trial on another computer of 5.0.0 just to convert these files now. So i have tested 2 computers with 5.6 and GH2 files and it will not convert without errors.

Dmitry Kitsov January 4th, 2012 03:29 PM

Re: HD Link version 5.6 not able to convert files from GH2

Search the forum before posting.

Browse to c:\program files (x86)\common files\cineform\

then double click on the file called 'mc_demux_mp2_ds.ax'.

If windows asks you how to open the file, browse to c:\windows\system32\ and select 'regsvr32.exe'.

then try Converting the file again and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Carlo Macchiavello January 5th, 2012 05:39 AM

for me work fine hdlink 5.6.0.
i converted Gh2 native file, and hacked files at 244mbits, without fault or problem.

my configuration is : quad6600, 8gb ram, asus striker II, gtx 285. Seven 64bit.

Tyson Persall January 7th, 2012 05:04 PM

@ Dmitry Kitsov,
Sorry. I did the steps exactly. And it still did not work in HDlink. Same error.
"Error: CreateAndAddFilter(CLSID_DIVX_MPEG_Demux pSplitter) 0x80040154 - Class not registered..."
Anything else i can try?

@Carlo
What hack are you using with GH2 to get that high of a bitrate? 244mbps!? And is it worth it shooting that high?

Tyson Persall January 8th, 2012 10:46 PM

I tried the process for the 2nd time and now it works.

Thanks.

Carlo Macchiavello January 9th, 2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson Persall (Post 1708068)
@Carlo
What hack are you using with GH2 to get that high of a bitrate? 244mbps!? And is it worth it shooting that high?

a variation of driftwood quantum v7, i modified motion quantization 1080 to 0.
i hate a stroboscopic effects of higher setup of that value, and that setup allow me to increase a bit the bitrate..

if you shoot black clip (shooting with cap...), then you shoot your low light clip with the same setup, you can sample correctly all noise from black clip, and you have better result than sample directly the clip.
high bit rate avoid to damage the noise structure with compression (AVCHD compression, naturally) and help a lot noise reduction process.