New GoPro CineForm product line is out today. - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM   #61
Major Player

Re: New GoPro CineForm product line is out today.

I'm just in from holidays and see that the Cineform shop is closed. So I cannot upgrade from Neo. I did download the trial and my EX1 clips (converted) have St Vitus dance. Looks like frames are out of order (progressive). See this in studio looking at downloaded clip and in HDLink conversion.
Guess I go back to previous release.

Last edited by Serena Steuart; February 1st, 2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: to add further information
Serena Steuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM   #62
CTO, CineForm Inc.

CineForm.com is back and live with a new back end, we can now process new orders and upgrades again.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM   #63
Tourist

Wanted to express gratitude to David and the cineform crew for the nice update. Using the gopro studio premium makes editing cf files easier for me!
Dave Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #64
Inner Circle

Dave, what are the specific things you found in Studio doing better than First Light before? For one, the missing of "Snapshot" feature in Studio makes it not quite usable for me. I'm still using First Light for color correction, just like NeoHD.
Old February 4th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #65
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
CineForm.com is back and live with a new back end, we can now process new orders and upgrades again.
I tought I will update but "Cineform.com=502 Bad Gateway"...
Hannu Korpinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #66
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes we been have troubles with our new web site roll out.
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #67
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Fixed cineform.com
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #68
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taky Cheung View Post
Dave, what are the specific things you found in Studio doing better than First Light before? For one, the missing of "Snapshot" feature in Studio makes it not quite usable for me. I'm still using First Light for color correction, just like NeoHD.
Never used Snap Shot once we created Custom Paste (far more powerful,) I feel Snap Shot it is only a minor loss. First Light was a little buggy, no audio, hard to use the video overlay tools, didn't share projects with metadata, no practical conversion tools -- all improved in Studio.
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #69
Regular Crew

How do you MUX two independent left and right cineform clips together into a stereo pair using the new interface?
David M. Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #70
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is coming.
Old February 4th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #71
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Never used Snap Shot once we created Custom Paste (far more powerful,) I feel Snap Shot it is only a minor loss. First Light was a little buggy, no audio, hard to use the video overlay tools, didn't share projects with metadata, no practical conversion tools -- all improved in Studio.
David, say like I tuned a color settings that I really like. Using First Light, I save it as a snap shot. Months later, I can reply this Snapshot to another project even though the first project was archived and deleted. With the new Custom Paste feature, can I do the same?
Old February 4th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #72
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I find that is it would be extremely rare that the color tune for one production would be usable match, whereas Copy & Paste and Snap Shot where designed for within scene/project (same shooting conditions and same vibe for the production.) Second, I would keep a project trim of you previous edits, then you can copy and paste as needed, if you likely enough to find a match (my production are short film so keeping a trimmed edit alive might be more practical than your projects.) If you can't keep an edit, just keep a short clip, that would solve your problem. We didn't implement Snap Shot as it seemed very few used it, nor was it even in the Mac verison, but I hear your vote to bring it back. It will not likely come back it is previous form, which was cluncky, but maybe in the form of presets.
Old February 4th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #73
Inner Circle

I appreciate you are open to listen to your actual customers's need. It isn't extremely rare to reuse color tune. It's part of my workflow to adjust color to certain look. The snapshot feature serves the purpose. Even under the "Look (3D LUT)" you have all the presets available. It proves color tune can be reuse for other productions.

Without that feature, I will have to write down each of the values that I adjusted, then reapply to another project. Why would you make your customer do that. I have done before. That was before I know I can change the registry of one computer to point the database of another computer in the same netowrk.

Even if you allow exporting to a text file and I can reimport to another project, that would save a lot of time too.
Old February 13th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #74
Regular Crew

The new interface of the cineform studio premium looks great, is more responsive and has an overall nicer feel. But It still feels like a downgrade from NEO 5.5 Firstlight

The edit section which I suppose is the firstlight replacement has gotten its number values removed. Why oh why would you do that?
Correction.. The numbers are visible, but only when you mouse over the slider, and not while you make the adjustment, and then after you have to move the cursor away and mouse over again to make the numbers show up.. Really?

Bugs in the image control adjustments if you for instance set the exposure or gain value to 0, then move it back up the image stays black, and nothing you can do will fix that, except going back to NEO firstlight and reset it.

Still no keybinds.
Pressing space does still not always mean "playback" depending on what you have clicked with you mouse. Space button may mean several things, (Such as expanding control interface segments) and has been like this for ever. Very sloppy if you ask me!

You can no longer adjust slider values with left or right arrow buttons. That's both good and bad.. The good thing is that its now set to move frame forward and back ( still not always, for instance if you have recently expanded a control segment).

Again.. Keybinding option please.

It took me a while to figure out that you could copy paste looks to other clips.. Since the snapshot manager was gone.
A drop down menu at the top, indexing all the functions the interface has, would be very useful. That is standard in any application.

Oh wait.. There is a menu at the top.. But its hidden and very limited.. seriously... that made me giggle.. whats the point of that?

The options for external Display being your second computer monitor is great. I applaud that. But where is the Blackmagic, AJA. ect. ect card option?

Last edited by Dominik Krol; February 13th, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
Dominik Krol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #75
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Number fields are coming back for Active Metadata sliders (already back on the Mac.)
Setting gain to 0 has been fixed (in the beta posted this weekend.)
Better keybinding is planned.
You point about menu being pointless was pointless. ;) As it seems they were helpful to you, that is what they are there for.
We may add AJA and Blackmagic card support, but we are prioritized the display types more users have.

We haven't removed FirstLight (yet) as we know CineFiorm Studio isn't completely replacing it, more stuff is coming.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase